• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 4/17 Angels @ Astros

Chuck

1 minute ago, eligrba4ever said:

The Jett man homered tonight, by the way. He has a pair on the season and is .296/.345/.558 in 27 AB.

At this point just about every player that has worn an Angel uniform is going to be doing good and every current Angel will need a limb amputated.

1 minute ago, the dude abides said:

I may ditch work at lunch on Thursday and head to minute maid.

I'm debating wearing a paper bag over my head for that.

You'd have to dye the bag red and put an A decal on it before people sitting near you and watching at home would get the joke  Otherwise a bunch of Texans might beat you up by mistake.

2 hours ago, jchalos89 said:

Yup. That 6-2 start was kind of unreal. This team is wasting like $70M on bunch of craps like Pujols, Hamilton, and Wilson, Ricky Nolasco is the ace of this pitching staff, they are not even sure who's gonna be the starting LF for the season.

The team isn't paying Wilson, Nolasco isn't the ace and they know who is starting in left field.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

The team isn't paying Wilson, Nolasco isn't the ace and they know who is starting in left field.  

My bad. Wilson's contract is off the books now. But clearly, they gave Nolasco the ace role, starting the opening game and now G-Rich is out for uncertain amount of time. Because he isn't pitching like one (apparently he won't) doesn't mean the team didn't give him the ace role. He is the #1 starter of this rotation. And Cameron Maybin played in 9 games and has 33 at bats, while Ben Revere played in 8 games and has 23 at bats. Although I think Maybin will be the starting LF in the long run, I think it's hard to say who's gonna be our LF for the season. Seems like they are still testing both

2 minutes ago, jchalos89 said:

My bad. Wilson's contract is off the books now. But clearly, they gave Nolasco the ace role, starting the opening game and now G-Rich is out for uncertain amount of time. Because he isn't pitching like one (apparently he won't) doesn't mean the team didn't give him the ace role. He is the #1 starter of this rotation. And Cameron Maybin played in 9 games and has 33 at bats, while Ben Revere played in 8 games and has 23 at bats. Although I think Maybin will be the starting LF in the long run, I think it's hard to say who's gonna be our LF for the season. Seems like they are still testing both

Just because Nolasco started opening day doesn't mean they considered him their ace.  Sure that's the normal thought process but keep in mind the question marks and injuries coming into this season on the starting staff.  He started opening day, big deal, it's one of 162 games.  As for Revere and Maybin, it's called a platoon.  

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

You guys do realize how team LOB differs from individual LOB, right?  The Angels left 9 guys total on base tonight.  That's the real number you should look at.

My yahoo feed said 14 when I was posted that line earlier.

either way it was a shitty all around

28 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Just because Nolasco started opening day doesn't mean they considered him their ace.  Sure that's the normal thought process but keep in mind the question marks and injuries coming into this season on the starting staff.  He started opening day, big deal, it's one of 162 games.  As for Revere and Maybin, it's called a platoon.  

If they don't consider Nolasco the ace, that means they think they have no ace in their rotation, which I don't think is any better than having Nolasco as an ace. It's not even weird at this point cuz every Angels fans knew their starting pitching will be in huge doubt coming into the season anyways.

For Maybin and Revere, I don't think it's a platoon. Platoon works when right handed batter starts against lefty, and left handed batter starts against righty, when both players have noticably better record against opposing hand pitchers. For the Angels so far, I thought Maybin won the LF spot cuz he just started all games at the beginning of the season, even against right handed pitchers like Graveman, Gallardo, and Felix Hernandez. Then, he started falling apart and his avg dropped to 0.212 and now, Sosh is starting Revere 3 straight games. To me, it seems like he's just giving both some chances and see who gets upper hand, rather than platoon.

Well.. Actually, when one is batting 0.212 and the other is batting 0.216, it's pretty meaningless if it is a platoon or whatever. I'm just saying looking at the patterns of Angels games so far, it doesn't look like a platoon to me