• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

I got your voter fraud right here!

1 hour ago, red321 said:

You would think after they continuously forget not to give up the plot people would realize that the Voter ID push is nothing more than an attempt to disenfranchise lower income minority voters (primarily Democratic)

This post reminds me those people who feel it necessary to point out that professional wrestling isn't exactly on the level.

There are three kinds of people who are okay with these policies.
1. Those that either honestly believe there is or at least a "reasonable" possibility that there is wide spread voter fraud. This is the right's equivalent to those on the left who believed HRC was a flawless candidate. These people are not going to be swayed by even a super convincing power point.
2. Realize this is a scheme but hate minorities so double win!
3. Realize this is a scheme but are okay with it because while they don't hate minorities they personally benefit from the Republicans winning.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Shit, I still use gmail. But this wasn't a forward.

So, MT, what's your opinion on this?

The same as it always had been.  I think having to show some kind of picture ID to vote is fine.  It should be no hardship.  If voting is a privilege then having someone go to some kind of effort to have that right isn't too much to ask.  I think you have held this opinion but never think it is the right time.

6 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

The same as it always had been.  I think having to show some kind of picture ID to vote is fine.  It should be no hardship.  If voting is a privilege then having someone go to some kind of effort to have that right isn't too much to ask.  I think you have held this opinion but never think it is the right time.

You're somewhat correct.  I've said that if you want to make an ID requirement to vote, now (for instance) would be a good time to do it.  However, when you put up obstacles to get the required ID, as is mentioned in the articles, then I have a problem with it.  Make the required ID easy to get and I'm fine with it.  Close DMV offices and make it more difficult for certain voters to get ID, and that's a different story.

If I trusted those who have made our current voting machines I would say that a national ID system with a biometric or similar unique identifying trait would be essential in setting up a multi-factor authentication necessary to securing future elections from digital fraud. But since I don't...meh?

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

people are still concerned and putting time/effort into "voter fraud" because some orange dude was talking out of his ass saying 3 million illegals voted?

Don't forget the Russian hackers

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

people are still concerned and putting time/effort into "voter fraud" because some orange dude was talking out of his ass saying 3 million illegals voted?

Racist!

Seriously though, voter ID laws have been discussed long before the clown started running for prez/

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

Racist!

Seriously though, voter ID laws have been discussed long before the clown started running for prez/

every four years in november.

politics are on the low end of the totem pole for me, but don't recall being in april where people are still focusing on it.....maybe the gore/bush election.

could be the problem. i don't follow it like some of the die hards here, but it does seem states get pretty creative with how they handle voting opposed to a standard uniform protocol.

but that wasn't the intent of the thread, just more dwelling from 6 months ago.

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I really don't have a problem with states handling it as long as they can confirm their results if challenged.

I disagree, especially when we're talking about voting for POTUS. For a national election,  states shouldn't have different requirements for voting.

I'm not sure how red states pushing measures to limit the voting rights/abilities of it's citizens in the name of trying to improve their election chances is just dwelling on 6 months ago. The fact that you would state such highlights how these groups can get away with it and how little attention this issue is getting.

Over the last 8+ years we have seen a large number of states, under the guise of "voter fraud", pass restrictions on voting rights.

Wisconsin, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Alabama, Arkansas to name just a few.

The courts have repeatedly found that this was done for partisan reasons to limit voting rights. In North Carolina they specifically used voter demographics to and maps to gerrymander districts and it was tossed out by the courts. Texas was also recently found to have been discriminatory.

Now, with the Trump administration and Beauregard taking over the reigns of the Justice Department, and the Supreme Court ruling that portions of the Voting Rights Act was illegal and states/jurisdictions that had a history of discrimination no longer had to get pre-clearance...the expectation is you will see even more attempts to restrict votings rights and access.