• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

United Airlines forcibly removes older man after overbooking flight

27 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

The overbooking and bumping has been going on for years. To me, the issue here is giving him a boarding pass, letting him board the plane and then bumping him. It just seems to me that this should be the point of no return

Yeah, it makes more sense to do this at the gate.

16 hours ago, Thomas said:

I'm kind of surprised that the anger against United has been so um...united. I figured there would be some people sticking up for them and that the passenger got was coming to him and I certainly would have expected people to focus on law enforcement. That is a serious amount of unpopularity if you can um...unite the American population for the most part in hating you.

I am somewhat surprised as well.  Without getting into policy specifics, airlines do have to utilize their own planes to facilitate overall operations and no one would argue that there aren't times when passengers must be removed from flights by law enforcement, physically and violently if necessary.  It is the specific circumstances that seem to have touched a nerve.  While I'm wholly in agreement that their policy was not well thought out in terms of extreme cases such as a vehemently resistant passenger and on top of that, was poorly executed in that incident, the man did not have a right to defy law enforcement.  While he is going to get paid it will be at the expense of ignoring or downplaying his own culpability and for that we collectively will be the victim.

16 hours ago, gotbeer said:

And yet, you know the one set of people we have yet to hear from in any fashion?  Politicians.  You know the guys that's supposed to represent the people airlines.

You know that this nation is screwed up.  When the only politician talking about this incident is...

Chris Christie asked the Trump administration to help stop the United Airlines fiasco from happening again

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

You know that this nation is screwed up.  When the only politician talking about this incident is...

Chris Christie asked the Trump administration to help stop the United Airlines fiasco from happening again

Yeah. We want to eliminate regulations and federal oversight. Except when we don't want to

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

Yeah. We want to eliminate regulations and federal oversight. Except when we don't want to

You can thank the Regan Admin for the current state of airline travel. Deregulation of the industry changed air travel from a relatively upscale and comfortable form of transportation, to Greyhound in the sky. It never recovered, and 9-11 flushed anything that remained comfortable or fun about air travel right down the crapper.

I can fly free, and I don't do it.

https://heatst.com/politics/pulitzer-winning-journalist-claims-trump-conspired-with-united-airlines-to-distract-the-world/

Pulitzer Winning Journalist Claims Trump Conspired With United Airlines to ‘Distract the World’

Michael Hiltzik, a Los Angeles Times columnist who won the Pulitzer for beat reporting award in 1999, has weighted in on the latest controversy surrounding the United Airlines’ forceful removal of a passenger, prompting an outcry from the people and tanking the stock of the company.

The LA Times columnist tweeted: “Just wondering: did Trump ask United CEO Oscar Munoz to distract the world from the White House follies today?”

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

United offering compensation to all passengers on flight man was dragged off

Looks like United is trying to ward off the upcoming emotional distress lawsuits that I'm sure will be coming from passengers. 

This is going to end up costing them more than chartering a plane for the four employees.

and that jimmy Kimmel ad for United was great.