• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hey, Fletch! How about asking Trout why he chose not to play in the WBC?

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Anything to bitch about.  Claude if Trout played in the WBC you would whine that he puts it ahead of the Angels.  For some folks, there is an endless supply of things to be unhappy about.

Remember, some people aren't happy unless they're completely miserable.

58 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Yadier bunted twice last night, one was a pop up. Looked like Scioscia was managing. Neartherlands put their game on the line with Van Mil on the mound, a guy would couldn't get out of AA . Compelling drama.

I really don't get it.  You LOVE baseball.  You go to Spring Training and Fall League games, yet you somehow are downplaying how great these games and this tournament has been.  Maybe you aren't watching because that would explain it.  I haven't met a single person watching it that hasn't loved it.  

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I really don't get it.  You LOVE baseball.  You go to Spring Training and Fall League games, yet you somehow are downplaying how great these games and this tournament has been.  Maybe you aren't watching because that would explain it.  I haven't met a single person watching it that hasn't loved it.  

Yeah I'm with you on this. It's just like watching the World Series in March. You would not see that type of fan passion in Tempe.

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Hell @Blarg the most jaded dude here @yk9001 loves the WBC.  

And I didn't go in anticipating it to be anything special.  I just can't believe anybody can criticize the event if they saw even a sliver of a game from Puerto Rico, the Far East.  For pete's sake, the WBC put an atmosphere in Marlins Stadium!  In Petco Park!

I barely like baseball any more and I am loving this.  I'd rather watch the bums down at the riverbed hotwire a bulldozer than watch a spring training game.

To each his own.

26 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Maybe I know what it is I'm watching, a promotional tool of MLB. It was called a Classic its first run, how is that even logical? Fun to watch but really only an exhibition. 

On March 21, 2017 at 6:33 AM, yk9001 said:

If this tournament is an exhibition, I will take it every time over games managed by "turn the page" Scioscia 

yeah, I'm sure you'd get fired up if Scioscia made comments like this instead:

“Our No. 1 goal is to send these guys back healthy. Hopefully it could be in a winning situation, send them back happy. But to be honest with you, my biggest goal is to send them all back healthy. I think that’s the most important thing.’’

-USA team manager Jim Leyland 

On March 21, 2017 at 6:40 AM, CALZONE said:

If Trout was playing everyone here would have their tongues out and eyes glued on his every USA at bat

that's because he's Mike F'n Trout. People do that when he's batting in a ST game,too. Hell, we'd do that if they showed a clip of him taking bp in January at Millford HS.  It would nothing to do with the WBC  

On 3/21/2017 at 9:00 AM, Blarg said:

Maybe I know what it is I'm watching, a promotional tool of MLB. It was called a Classic its first run, how is that even logical? Fun to watch but really only an exhibition. 

This is why a lot of guys don't play in it. Risking potential injury in a series that ultimately means nothing. A lot of the players have never even been to the countries that they are playing for.

39 minutes ago, Lou said:

that's because he's Mike F'n Trout. People do that when he's batting in a ST game,too. Hell, we'd do that if they showed a clip of him taking bp in January at Millford HS.  It would nothing to do with the WBC  

Well my point was that all of the WBC bashers would conveniently un-bash the WBC if Trout was playing. The Home Run Derby included. But it all worked out for the best because while Mike Trout is struggling, Adam Jones is mashing. 

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

Well my point was that all of the WBC bashers would conveniently un-bash the WBC if Trout was playing. The Home Run Derby included. But it all worked out for the best because while Mike Trout is struggling, Adam Jones is mashing. 

just because people aren't interested in the WBC doesn't mean they're bashing it.  I'm sure there have been plenty of good games, just as there are in the WNBA and whatever the professional soccer league here is named. 

and you proved my point. those people would only watch because Trout was playing. 

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

Jones is batting .226

Trout is batting .257 

if you call that mashing, you might want to take a look at Pujols' numbers. hell, some guy named Nolan Fontana us kicking his ass. 

you're just mailing it in now...