• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Things That Were Meant For Each Other

So I used to (he sold the place) go to a Japanese restaurant in Pasadena.  So he would come to our table and say I want you to try this sake.  It was ok, nothing special.  Then he would bring us a dish and say have a bite.  Ok, it's something we've had before, nothing special.  Then he would say, ok, have another taste of the sake.  OMG, taking a line from Stewie, it was like an orgy in my mouth.  It was the first, and really only time, that I've ever experienced food just making your mouth just explode in flavor from a drink.  It was like every little tone in the drink was magnified 100x. 

Peanut butter and chocolate

English muffins, avocado, and seasoning salt (Lawrys)

At sea world there's a deli, and my favorite lunch can be found there. A cheese sandwich on really good quality German bread made with beer, potato salad, dill pickle spears, carrot cake, and the tallest, coldest Mountain Dew available. Can only eat the pickles and a little potato salad now, but man that was one excellent lunch back in the day.

Me and Mrs. Tank.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

So I used to (he sold the place) go to a Japanese restaurant in Pasadena.  So he would come to our table and say I want you to try this sake.  It was ok, nothing special.  Then he would bring us a dish and say have a bite.  Ok, it's something we've had before, nothing special.  Then he would say, ok, have another taste of the sake.  OMG, taking a line from Stewie, it was like an orgy in my mouth.  It was the first, and really only time, that I've ever experienced food just making your mouth just explode in flavor from a drink.  It was like every little tone in the drink was magnified 100x. 

That's what I'm talking about. There is a reason sake is served with sushi, red wine with garlicky Italian food. Light and flavorfull beer with Mexican food. There is a science of pairing wine with food...people devote their entire lives to studying the combinations of flavors and sensations to elicit the maximum (or orgasamical) combinations.  

Sorta like chips and salsa...there are some things that aren't the same without the other..some things need each other.

100 years ago it was cognac and cigars...each complimented the other so much that they were almost never enjoyed without each other.

My bacon avocado sandwich tonight got me wondering what other things paired as superbly. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

I add albacore tuna, red or sweet onion, and cheese to that, but Lawrys seasoned salt is always in my pantry and always goes on anything like that...but especially avocado.

Toasted...that's one of my favorite "go to" lunches to this day. How do you beat that.

I seriously, honestly, eat that twice a week.

14 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

That's what I'm talking about. There is a reason sake is served with sushi, red wine with garlicky Italian food. Light and flavorfull beer with Mexican food. There is a science of pairing wine with food...people devote their entire lives to studying the combinations of flavors and sensations to elicit the maximum (or orgasamical) combinations.  

Sorta like chips and salsa...there are some things that aren't the same without the other..some things need each other.

100 years ago it was cognac and cigars...each complimented the other so much that they were almost never enjoyed without each other.

My bacon avocado sandwich tonight got me wondering what other things paired as superbly. 

Yeah, in the Japanese instance. It was a strange combination.  It was the Japanese version of chicken nuggets.  A fried chicken called katsuya, not the restaurant, but a dish.  It's like fried chicken pieces.  But something in that dish, the grease, or the chicken, or the panko.  Something.  But whatever it was, made the taste buds react in a certain way so that when you had that particular sake next, it just exploded in flavor.  And as you said above, the combination was an orgasamical/it's like party in my mouth Stewie feel.  It's something that unless you have experienced before, it would sound like I'm more of a perv than usual.  While I have not done any other pairings since, I do look out for anyone that says they will have a alcohol and food pairing.  Because the bar is really set high after that experience.

Edited by gotbeer

11 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Green mango and bagoong. Don't knock it til you try it

Fried or sauteed plantain type bananas, with rum, raw sugar, real cream...oh man..I've never even tried making that type dish myself, but I've spent some time in Mexico, Central America, The Carib...where they do it as an art.

Done right it will bring tears to your eyes.. 

19 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Fried or sauteed plantain type bananas, with rum, raw sugar, real cream...oh man..I've never even tried making that type dish myself, but I've spent some time in Mexico, Central America, The Carib...where they do it as an art.

Done right it will bring tears to your eyes.. 

Tried this while staying at an all-inclusive in Tulum (south of Cancun). Unbelievable. Had never had fried plantains before.

11 hours ago, Tank said:

Peanut butter and chocolate

At sea world there's a deli, and my favorite lunch can be found there. A cheese sandwich on really good quality German bread made with beer, potato salad, dill pickle spears, carrot cake, and the tallest, coldest Mountain Dew available. Can only eat the pickles and a little potato salad now, but man that was one excellent lunch back in the day.

Me and Mrs. Tank.

Awwww.... she was looking over your shoulder when you typed this.