• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SPRING TRAINING T.V. SCHEDULE

ajax

Just found out that the first 5 angel exhibition games will not be on Fox sports west. WTF! Waited all winter long for some games and now it's delayed gratification. What's worse is I live in Vegas which means all west coast games are blacked out on MLB. Can't wait for "horsehide to meet hickory".

Spring training games on TV are pretty bad...1 or 2 innings of regular players against a pitcher who will be working in a grocery store when the season starts.

Not being able to watch them is hardly worth getting upset over.

GOING to spring training hanging out where the players do, and buying your favorite player, or ex-player who is  hanging around in camp, a beer.... or consoling and entertaining the " Baseball Annies" that are left behind at curfew...that's what spring training is all about. 

20 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Spring training games on TV are pretty bad...1 or 2 innings of regular players against a pitcher who will be working in a grocery store when the season starts.

Not being able to watch them is hardly worth getting upset over.

GOING to spring training hanging out where the players do, and buying your favorite player, or ex-player who is  hanging around in camp, a beer.... or consoling and entertaining the " Baseball Annies" that are left behind at curfew...that's what spring training is all about. 

Au contraire, mon ami. Spring training is for looking at new additions to the squad, and reveling in the fact that your team doesn't have to win. That you don't have to feel bad after a loss. For me it is totally relaxing and enjoyable.

9 minutes ago, ajax said:

Au contraire, mon ami. Spring training is for looking at new additions to the squad, and reveling in the fact that your team doesn't have to win. That you don't have to feel bad after a loss. For me it is totally relaxing and enjoyable.

I'll agree there...but spring training TV, as a whole, is about as exciting as kissing your sister (depending on what part of the country you're from, of course)

True that. We're almost five hours from the nearest MLB park by car, yet we are in five teams' blackout areas.

I'm hoping that the new commissioner fixes this when the current contract expires. If I had to create a system designed to kill interest in the game, it would work pretty much like MLB Extra Innings.

19 hours ago, Blarg said:

So you should have remembered a time when not a single spring training game was televised and if you go back far enough they weren't even on the radio. 

I remember Channel 5 televising 2-3 from Palm Springs and 20-25 regular season games.  That's how far I go back.

On 2/19/2017 at 8:38 PM, Blarg said:

So you should have remembered a time when not a single spring training game was televised and if you go back far enough they weren't even on the radio. 

in 1961 the Angels televised springs training games. Only a couple of them. The very first Angels ST game was against the Cubs, when Leo Durocher managed the Cubs. In the 1st inning, Ted Kluszuski homered with Albie Pearson on base. This happened again in the 1st regular season game against Baltimore. 

I don't remember any spring since that the Angels have not televised at least one ST game.

2 hours ago, greginpsca said:

in 1961 the Angels televised springs training games. Only a couple of them. The very first Angels ST game was against the Cubs, when Leo Durocher managed the Cubs. In the 1st inning, Ted Kluszuski homered with Albie Pearson on base. This happened again in the 1st regular season game against Baltimore. 

I don't remember any spring since that the Angels have not televised at least one ST game.

Leo didn't manage the Cubs until 1966.