• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Has this been the quietest Angels offseason of all-time?

Chuck

The offseason after '02 was the quietest, hands down, at least in terms of offseason transactions. 

Eric Owens was our biggest free agent signee. Zero trades. Re-signed Fullmer. Barry Wesson, Adam Riggs, Wil Nieves, and Eric Cyr were our minor league depth moves.

Very easy to not give a shit at the time though...

4 hours ago, totdprods said:

The offseason after '02 was the quietest, hands down, at least in terms of offseason transactions. 

Eric Owens was our biggest free agent signee. Zero trades. Re-signed Fullmer. Barry Wesson, Adam Riggs, Wil Nieves, and Eric Cyr were our minor league depth moves.

Seriously. I remember not caring too much about 2003. The world series high probably lasted a year for me. 

10 hours ago, totdprods said:

Agreed. The only change from the 25 man roster that won the World Series was Eric Owens. In fact, I remember him jokingly saying that if the Angels didn't repeat in 2003, he would get all the blame.

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Last offseason was quieter. 

Yet somehow Eppler in 16 months has quietly turned over about 16 guys who will be on the opening day roster.

Very stealthy approach without committing ridicules money while signing contracts that he can pull the plug on if needed. So much better to have movable assets going forward. 

This past offseason was quite busy but not as buzzy as some other stomach-churning years. We're well down the road from the JeDi dysfunction. Mike's contract is what it is and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets another managerial extension. I read an ESPN guy the other day who was listing the expected failures for the upcoming season. The Angels did not make his list and there seemed to be about 15 slots on it. I kept scrolling expecting the Halos to show up until I got to the end. Wieters might be nice to have, but THAT nice if the price is too high.

It hasn't been a splash of an offseason.  But we have been making some good smart moves.

But, after the season ended, most on here were under the impression that we needed help in the pen.  And we have not addressed that at all. 

So while the field and the bats have been vastly improved.  If we get to the pen and they hit it where we can't field it.  It's going to be a long season.