• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Things to do. Bars & Restaurants to hit up in downtown Chicago

Chuck

Swissotel puts you close to The Billy Goat Tavern...where the famous goat from the goat curse was from...and the SNL skit Cheeberger, Cheeberger, no coke_ pepsi..no fries-chips.

It's a Chicago landmark. Nothing fancy but it's somewhere you should go to at least once. An old reporter's hangout back in the day. Full bar there with strong drinks.

Lower Michigan Ave. Find the Tribune building, and it's down below. Ask anyone that looks like they work there, or go into the Tribune Building...they will know how to get there..the walk across the river is on a famous bridge that you have seen in many movies. 

The original Portillos is up on State St...gotta have an Italian beef at least once while you are in Chicago. You are near (or on) Wacker Dr? From the Billy Goat it's a short walk (or cab if it's nasty weather) to Harry Carays..for Steaks-Chops-Veal..or just a drink and check out the baseball stuff.

Pizzaria Due is , (with the exception of original Giordanos), is my personal favorite...pass on Uno and go to Due.

Remembering that you are a whiskey guy..there are a lot of Irish Pubs around the Wacker Dr-River district. Kerrymans and O'Callahans are both cool places, and close to the Wacker Hotel district..for a late night whiskey. There are plenty of others scattered around and I 've found that just dropping into the small neighborhood bars is the real heart of being in Chicago. I've stayed at both the Sheraton and the Hyatt on lower Wacker. Should hit at least one Irish pub while you are there.

2 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

The original Portillos is up on State St...gotta have an Italian beef at least once while you are in Chicago. You are near (or on) Wacker Dr? From the Billy Goat it's a short walk (or cab if it's nasty weather) to Harry Carays..for Steaks-Chops-Veal..or just a drink and check out the baseball stuff.

Pizzaria Due is , (with the exception of original Giordanos), is my personal favorite...pass on Uno and go to Due.

Dude, I had some Giordanos in July.

Sooooooooooo good.

3 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Portillos Italian beef sandwiches with hot peppers rocks!

3 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Dude, I had some Giordanos in July.

Sooooooooooo good.

If you can go to the original...I think it's on Clark, closer to downtown than Wrigleyville..

There is no better pizza in the world..NJ will disagree but I'm sorry, it's the best.

Also it is a good year to go to Wrigleyville...Red Line El from downtown, get off at Addison and do the walk.

Murphy's Bleachers, Sluggers, and the Cubbie Bear. If one has never done it, and actually the off season is just as fun if not better.

If an Italian beef isn't topped with the pepper mixture, doesn't take a pile of napkins to consume, and leave a puddle on the wrapper, it's not Italian beef. They''ll ask you if you want mild or hot, and I always say "both"

I'm with cals...I miss Chicago.

My cousin lives on Wells, just a couple doors up from Second City.... what they used to call Old Town. She shares Cubs tickets with a group and she emailed the other day to tell me this is her year for opening day, and ask if I wanted to fly in for it. I'm packing my long johns and making the trip.

I am starting a new party and it's slogan is MSGA or Make Socal Great Again. It's based on the four basic food groups, Steak, Chicken, BBQ ribs and Bacon and finding a way to put each on every plate. Let no child go bed having only vegetables, starving their brains of essential protiens. This should eliminate the need for counselling about gender identities so rampant in today's vegetable tolerant society.