• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

RIP Greg Lake

Spirit

5 hours ago, Tank said:

One of the first bands I remember listening to.

been a tough year for the music industry.

Tough year for sure. Saw ELP live at Cal Jam 1 at Ontario raceway. Keith Emerson played on a rotating piano. Wild stuff back then.

California Jam - Wikipedia

California Jam was a rock music festival co-headlined by Deep Purple and Emerson, Lake & Palmer, held at the Ontario Motor Speedway in Ontario, California, on April 6, 1974.

Image result for Cal Jam 1 ontario calif

Image result for Cal Jam 1 ontario calif emerson lake and palmer

I was there too. Wandered the parking lot for many hours afterward, and never found the van I went out there in. Luckily ran into some other people I knew, and got a ride back to Hunt. Bch with them. They deposited me in my parents front yard. The only problem with that was that I wasn't living with my parents any more. My dad came out to get the newspaper in the morning and found me asleep against a tree.

Not one of my finer moments.

I didn't go to california jam but watched it on tv later that year on some kind of late night replay deal they negotiated. I put my cassette player in front of the tv speaker, put in a fresh tape, and recorded it, then listened to that thing a ton. First time hearing most of those groups because as a lost little high school freshman, I desperately wanted to be more cool and thought this was a way to accomplish that. I also used to buy motocross magazines and tried to make myself hip that way. It worked beautifully.