• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cam Bedrosian

SigBaby

Lost in the hubbub of the Sale deal was that the Red Sox traded for Tyler Thornburg from the Brewers, a guy who I think has a value pretty similar to that of Bedrosian. The Brewers received a young, controllable 3b in Travis Shaw and the Red Sox 7th and 22nd ranked prospects (just from the article on mlbTR). If we could get a package similar for Bedrosian(you could even argue Bedrosian would be worth more,as he had a more dominant season last year, but with less of a track record of success) would you do it?

Ex.1  Giants need relief help badly after leading the league in blown saves last year.

Bedrosian for Panik, Joan Gregorio(7th ranked prospect in their system), and Austin Slater(22nd ranked).

Ex. 2 The Marlins are trying to reshape their pitching staff and are considering Jansen to follow the Indians model of a superpen with AJ Ramos, but are obviously cash strapped.

Bedrosian for Dietrich in addition to 2 prospects that are ranked highly within the organization (their farm isn't the greatest)

Ex. 3 Yankees are looking for relief help.

Bedrosian for Starlin Castro(i'm not sure how much of that salary the Yankees are actually paying), Miguel Andujar(7th ranked), and Chad Green(22nd ranked)

I've thought about it too, but can't see it being an option short of a major rebuild, and that's only happening if this year goes worse than last. 

If we signed Jansen or Chapman, sure, I'd consider it. I think I'd rather see if Bedrosian, Middleton, and Meyer could turn into a three-headed monster (four, if you sign a closer) this year and deal one of them at that point though. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

I'm not seeing a scenario where the Angels make an offer to either Jansen or Chapman.

I agree with this. I also don't think it would be a wise investment to go after Jansen or Chapman. I think our best bet would be to target the secondary guys with high upside (Greg Holland, Neftali Feliz, Drew Storen, Sergio Romo) and hope they can regain the form. The pen is really a crapshoot outside of the elite relievers, so it's not out of the question that any of those guys regain form, just like it's not out of the question that they continue their downward trends. 

41 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I'm not seeing a scenario where the Angels make an offer to either Jansen or Chapman.

I'm not either, as much as I wish for it. But it furthers my belief that they won't be considering dealing Bedrosian. 

It'd take signing one of Jansen/Chapman or at least one, likely two, of Bailey, Street, Middleton, or Meyer emerging as a huge bullpen force before they consider trading Cam, or the team nose-diving straight into the toilet early on. In which case anyone is probably open game.

Gott was in a similar situation last winter. Coming off a sensational rookie season, Eppler dealt him for our starting 3B, who had a reasonable contract and the the best lead off hitter we've had since Trout after Figgins.

If we traded Bedrock, you'd be looking at acquiring an above average starting 2B with 3 years of control.

19 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Gott was in a similar situation last winter. Coming off a sensational rookie season, Eppler dealt him for our starting 3B, who had a reasonable contract and the the best lead off hitter we've had since Trout after Figgins.

If we traded Bedrock, you'd be looking at acquiring an above average starting 2B with 3 years of control.

It would have to be one hell of a starting 2B. And probably a couple prospects to boot. I hold Cam for a King's Effin' Ransom given how crazy the reliever market is right now.

I really buy Bedrosian, but for me the Ken Giles trade is the benchmark. Bedrosian isn't worth as much, but if someone thought he was worth 75 per cent of the value the Astros gave up in the Giles trade then I would totally bite.

On the trade, I'm a bit surprised the Brewers didn't get more. The Sox did well in this one.

I'm sure Eppler is gauging the market for everyone not named Trout. Bedrosian would certainly bring back a return but it would be in prospects not equivalent MLB talent if you want multiple pieces. If you want MLB talent then he will only bring back 1-2 pieces depending on the quality of the players. For instance maybe he brings back a quality 3B with 2 years left on their contract plus 1-2 prospects for five years of Bedrosian. The Angels could go buy Jansen then to replace him. There are so many permutations to the offseason it is really impossible to tell who the Angels will target but there are almost always solutions available, even some we don't readily see.

13 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Not yet. But if his value can build with another stellar year, you would have to look into trading him if you can help rebuild the farm with top prospects.

Not saying relief pitching isn't important, but it's easier to replace relief pitching with adequate pieces than it is position players.

In my opinion there's three options that impact this team.

1) we trade Bedrosian, fill holes with the trade and sign a reliever to fill his spot. Bedrosian ends up being the real deal and we lose 5 years of control of a very good reliever, but also gain at least 2 years control of a solid 2b and whatever prospects are in the deal.

2) We hold onto Bedrosian and he becomes the real deal with us and we sign someone like Drew or Utley 

3) We hold onto Bedrosian and he turns back into the Bedrosian of old or in some way loses trade value and we sign someone like Drew or Utley. 

I think if our goal is to fully compete in 2018, whereas 2017 is more of a we'll see what happens year, we would getting all the value we can from Bedrosian while his value is at a fairly high place. I know if he puts another solid year together it will be even higher, but I'd say there's almost an equal risk that his value decreases and given the fact that there are more serviceable relief arms on the market than there are position players, it would be easier to make up for losing Bedrosian than it is find a 2b replacement for the same money.

Imo, there is a good a chance of a high potential buy low FA like Holland, Romo, or Storen putting up as good of numbers as Bedrosian does next season.

5 minutes ago, SigBaby said:

In my opinion there's three options.

1) we trade Bedrosian, fill holes with the trade and sign a reliever to fill his spot. Bedrosian ends up being the real deal and we lose 5 years of control of a very good reliever, but also gain at least 2 years control of a solid 2b and whatever prospects are in the deal.

2) We hold onto Bedrosian and he becomes the real deal with us and we sign Drew or Utley 

3) We hold onto Bedrosian and he turns back into the Bedrosian of old or in some way loses trade value and we sign Drew or Utley. 

I think if our goal is to fully compete in 2018, whereas 2017 is more of a we'll see what happens year, we would getting all the value we can from Bedrosian while his value is at a fairly high place. I know if he puts another solid year together it will be even higher, but I'd say there's almost an equal risk that his value decreases and given the fact that there are more serviceable relief arms on the market than there are position players, it would be easier to make up for losing Bedrosian than it is find a 2b replacement for the same money.

Imo, there is a good a chance of a high potential buy low FA like Holland, Romo, or Storen putting up as good of numbers as Bedrosian does next season.

4) we keep Bedrosian, and pull a trade for a young controllable 2B like Dietrich, Garcia, Peterson, or Asuaje involving pitching. 

5) we keep Bedrosian, Turner surprises everyone and signs as a 2B

6) we keep Bedrosian, trade Shoemaker for Kinsler and sign him to an extension and sign Scott Feldman

Always more than three options

7 minutes ago, totdprods said:

4) we keep Bedrosian, and pull a trade for a young controllable 2B like Dietrich, Garcia, Peterson, or Asuaje involving pitching. 

6) we keep Bedrosian, trade Shoemaker for Kinsler and sign him to an extension and sign Scott Feldman

Yes if Arte decides to spend there are far more options. I'm just saying you get a lot more bang for you buck spending 7 million on a reliever than a 2b.

2 minutes ago, SigBaby said:

Yes if Arte decides to spend there are far more options. I'm just saying you get a lot more bang for you buck spending 7 million on a reliever than a 2b.

#4 doesn't cost any extra money. And is still very much in play.

#5 And we could afford Turner still. Not likely and it probably leaves us without much money to spend elsewhere, but also not impossible. 

#6 yeah this one would cost more :)

4 hours ago, Hubs said:

I think they wait until they see if Bedrosian becomes a legit closer. A legit young closer is worth his weight in prospects. :)

But if they could get back what Giles was traded for, they need to do it.

Since Bedrosian probably weighs approximately the same as the average prospect that would be a 1 for 1 trade.

12 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Honestly, we could probably trade Bedrock straight up for Jorge Soler. That guy is going to figure it out someday, and when he does, he'll be very impressive.

I think with consistent playing he's already ready to put up some numbers. He's still only 24 too. I wonder how Bedrosian's value compares to Davis.Far less proven but much more controllable. If only we could get Soler then sign Turner that would be a very nice looking lineup. 

19 hours ago, SigBaby said:

I agree with this. I also don't think it would be a wise investment to go after Jansen or Chapman. I think our best bet would be to target the secondary guys with high upside (Greg Holland, Neftali Feliz, Drew Storen, Sergio Romo) and hope they can regain the form. The pen is really a crapshoot outside of the elite relievers, so it's not out of the question that any of those guys regain form, just like it's not out of the question that they continue their downward trends. 

Sergio Romo = Burnt Toast

17 hours ago, totdprods said:

Why do we need the Dodgers President of BB OPS?....

:572ac679b8023_sticker375x360: