• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Butcher poll

...I am an asshat on the verge of permanent ban.

Totally agree. Last offseason would have been a great time too.

I agree completely.

getting back to the original topic, last season also would've been a good time to fire Butcher and Scioscia ;)

The entire coaching staff should have been gone after last season..not one of them deserves to be here today.

It is a group failure, and has been.

I have to believe that deep inside, they all know that they are not good, as a group.

The fans are let down, the owner is let down, and the players themselves can't be happy to play under this failing leadership.

Scioscia has said that he is doing the same thing that he has always done..

He is stubborn and he is going to do what he thinks is right. I respect that, except for the fact that..

It isn't working.

Hasn't worked for a long time now.

A managerial change will turn this team around.

I have never been more convinced and sure that a new direction is the only way forward.

Oakland has scored 48 runs in the five games against us this month.

Someone posted a moronic article claiming that Mike Scioscia was the greatest manager of all time based on "wins above pythagorean"

Pythahorean Formulat (basebal) is basically an asinine equation that says the following:

Winning percentage = ( Runs Scored ^ 2 / (Runs Scored)^2 + (Runs Allowed)^2)

Apparently if a team wins a lot of close games and loses a lot of blowouts, their manager is magically better.

According to this theory, the fact that Oakland has utterly destroyed us in blowout fashion actually means that Bob Melvin has a worse mWAP than he would if the Angels had lost in close nailbiters every game. 

I'll say yes only because it won't make matters worse. It still won't make them better. Like I've been saying in all these threads, Butcher is tasked with polishing turds.

Agreed.  With the ever-changing collection of scrubs that are taking the mound, I'm not sure the greatest pitching coach in the world would have made a difference.