• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aw Fanfest next spring?

jdodd

On 11/27/2016 at 7:33 PM, disarcina said:

MLB commissioner's office actually had to warn/ advise the MLB teams that if they were going to charge regular season (or higher) prices for ST games, they'd better start playing MLB players and regular season starting line ups for at least three innings........the days of low ticket prices and prime seating are gone.  The increased cost was really noticeable last year.

That has been a problem here for Major League Weekend. The prices have exceeded what I would pay for a regular season game (hence, I have stopped going). Paying $65-75 for a spring training game ticket is ridiculous.

18 hours ago, stormngt said:

Were dates ever established?

I'd actually like to know this as my wife and I have a friend in Arizona and we'd like to plan ahead if possible.... @Chuckster70 if and when you have an opportunity please let us know, I know you are busy right now.

Vegas Halo Fan -- well, it looks like I am in the same place you are with Las Vegas Major League Weekend with respect to Spring Training  After years of consistent ST attendance during St, Patrick's Day week (and March Madness activity) -- I am skipping AZ and ST this year and going to attend the (real) first and second round NCAA March Madness games at the new downtown arena in Sacramento........

I just can no longer justify paying top dollar for ST game tickets where it turns into a AA ballgame by the fifth inning.  If I am paying $20 to even $30 a seat for that like days of yore -- that's fine -- but now the ticket rates at places like Scottsdale Stadium (easily $75 for a decent seat) are just outrageous.  I think ST games are a lot of fun, but there's a limit and they're taking the fun out of everything......I know it's supply and demand type situation but every time there seems to be a good event that's fun and relatively affordable, it gets too popular and then it's ruined with over-pricing and changing everything that made it great in the first place........

I fear the next event headed for this fate is the National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas -- the Vegas hotel rates (especially the darned, worthless daily RESORT FEES - plus PARKING FEES!) have been climbing........the once great All American affordable, fun event has become pricey for all not just the high rollers (mainly heavy hitting Texans) who stay out at South Pointe and pay for and expect everything to be First Class -- which it is out there --  but high roller rates downtown ??? C"mon.

It will be interesting to see if there's a dip in ST game attendance this year. I think it will mirror MLB regular season -- the top tier teams (Cubs' ST with '16 Championship and relatively new ST ballpark will be sold out at premium prices all ST long as will Scottsdale Stadium (might be some for the Monday- Wednesday games there) but other teams will struggle for attendance even on good weather weekends and you'll see a lot of empty seats. Even Peoria Stadium -- which is deemed one of the more affordable venues -- and it is -- has increased ticket prices but still noticeably less than other sites.

20 minutes ago, disarcina said:

Vegas Halo Fan -- well, it looks like I am in the same place you are with Las Vegas Major League Weekend with respect to Spring Training  After years of consistent ST attendance during St, Patrick's Day week (and March Madness activity) -- I am skipping AZ and ST this year and going to attend the (real) first and second round NCAA March Madness games at the new downtown arena in Sacramento........

I just can no longer justify paying top dollar for ST game tickets where it turns into a AA ballgame by the fifth inning.  If I am paying $20 to even $30 a seat for that like days of yore -- that's fine -- but now the ticket rates at places like Scottsdale Stadium (easily $75 for a decent seat) are just outrageous.  I think ST games are a lot of fun, but there's a limit and they're taking the fun out of everything......I know it's supply and demand type situation but every time there seems to be a good event that's fun and relatively affordable, it gets too popular and then it's ruined with over-pricing and changing everything that made it great in the first place........

I fear the next event headed for this fate is the National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas -- the Vegas hotel rates (especially the darned, worthless daily RESORT FEES - plus PARKING FEES!) have been climbing........the once great All American affordable, fun event has become pricey for all not just the high rollers (mainly heavy hitting Texans) who stay out at South Pointe and pay for and expect everything to be First Class -- which it is out there --  but high roller rates downtown ??? C"mon.

It will be interesting to see if there's a dip in ST game attendance this year. I think it will mirror MLB regular season -- the top tier teams (Cubs' ST with '16 Championship and relatively new ST ballpark will be sold out at premium prices all ST long as will Scottsdale Stadium (might be some for the Monday- Wednesday games there) but other teams will struggle for attendance even on good weather weekends and you'll see a lot of empty seats. Even Peoria Stadium -- which is deemed one of the more affordable venues -- and it is -- has increased ticket prices but still noticeably less than other sites.

Lol @

March 1st Padres (ss) vs A's (ss)

$24 for lawn seats on a Wednesday. 

25 minutes ago, disarcina said:

CALZONE: LOL@ $24 Lawn seats, a Wednesday Short squad game Padres vs. A's.

All the $24 will get you is a guaranteed sore back if you stay the entire game........

have you guys ever sat in the 'lawn' seats -- YIKES!!  I'm just too old for that.

lawn seats suck

47 minutes ago, ELEVEN said:

Cool, so the next questions would be what time & where?

Thanks Chuck.

Ok, starting a new thread for each of those questions...

Honestly with the health concern for my mom battling cancer and her ultimately passing away on Jan 1st to start the year, I haven't been motivated to book a place and ramp things up. 

Honestly I need someone else to step up and help me with this if it's goi g to happen. 

If not, I'm still going but I'll just hangout with you all at a club over drinks and food on the 11th. 

On 1/9/2017 at 0:40 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Honestly with the health concern for my mom battling cancer and her ultimately passing away on Jan 1st to start the year, I haven't been motivated to book a place and ramp things up. 

Honestly I need someone else to step up and help me with this if it's goi g to happen. 

If not, I'm still going but I'll just hangout with you all at a club over drinks and food on the 11th. 

Sorry Chuck, I had no idea. Cheers my friend.

Looking forward to meeting some o yalls.