• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dustin Ackley

SigBaby

3 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Why would anyone want him? Just because a team dumps a guy doesn't mean we have to be all over it. 

We currently don't have a left-handed hitting option at 2B or 4th OF. Ackley plays both. He has upside. He isn't any worse than our '15-'16 2B production or '14-'16 LF production. He won't cost anything. He isn't blocking anyone. He's solid defensively, has some speed, and has shown flashes of putting it together offensively. He isn't ancient. He'd probably be in SLC.

I'd prefer something safer but for filler he is worth at least considering.

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

We currently don't have a left-handed hitting option at 2B or 4th OF. Ackley plays both. He has upside. He isn't any worse than our '15-'16 2B production or '14-'16 LF production. He won't cost anything. He isn't blocking anyone. He's solid defensively, has some speed, and has shown flashes of putting it together offensively. He isn't ancient. He'd probably be in SLC.

I'd prefer something safer but for filler he is worth at least considering.

29 years old....hard to say upside with a guy like Ackley.  I will say this though, he's always been a tease.  He's perpetually just one small adjustment away from being a Daniel Murphy type of player.  At some point, he just is who he is, which is solid defense, ok power, now BA/OBP to speak of.  Better than replacement level, but not by much. 

Just now, Scotty@AW said:

29 years old....hard to say upside with a guy like Ackley.  I will say this though, he's always been a tease.  He's perpetually just one small adjustment away from being a Daniel Murphy type of player.  At some point, he just is who he is, which is solid defense, ok power, now BA/OBP to speak of.  Better than replacement level, but not by much. 

Yeah I'm not expecting much, but he fits to a tee at least the floor of our current needs - a lefty who can play 2B and LF with decent defense. It'd be a preventative measure if all else fails and we acquire no one else, so Petit has a lefty competitor for the UT IF/OF role.