• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Our manager doesn't know rules regarding mound visits

Pitchers who were available:

Jeremy Guthrie, Kyle Lohse, Carlos Villanueva, and Anibal Sanchez.

As far as players who I would have made available via trade; Trumbo, Morales, and Bourjos

When someone asked you what you think should have been done, you responded with the above

Are you now saying you wouldn't have pursued these guys or that you didn't think they were better options?

I guess your point is that dipoto should have done a better job but you don't know how?

When someone asked you what you think should have been done, you responded with the above

Are you now saying you wouldn't have pursued these guys or that you didn't think they were better options?

I guess your point is that dipoto should have done a better job but you don't know how?

He is saying that:

We should've spent our money on a better pitcher than Blanton

That we should've gotten a better pitcher for Morales than Vargas

That we should've traded one of Bourjos / Trumbo for a better pitcher than Hanson

That if we did all that this team would be significantly better than it is now

I don't disagree with everything, only that we could seriously expect to be in better shape today than we are now if DiPoto had done a better job in the offseason. This team has too many issues to have been seriously fixed in the offseason without spending significantly more money or creating more holes on the team.

Bourjos was never on the block. Dipoto made it quite clear last season and in the offseason that he was not going to trade his starting center fielder for the 2013 season.

I'm still saying what I said the first damn time.

Re-build the rotation out of who we get in a trade from the players we put on the block and fill in the remaining spots with a FA pitcher.

I heard that as well in his aw.com interview. Whether or not that is a good move remains to be seen. One thing we do know is that not trading Bourjos led to the Blanton signing because he was so confident our outfield could run down his flyballs. Lol

Also, they asked me what I would have done, hence that post.

I think one of the main concerns was keeping Wells if they traded Bourjos. They knew Pujols was going to need rest days, they knew they needed Trumbo to DH. So if you trade Bourjos you have to play Wells in left field. Wells has been a negative WAR player for the last 2 years. Dipoto wanted that off the payroll and out of Scioscia's lineup card so to do that you have to keep Bourjos and Trumbo.

I think one of the main concerns was keeping Wells if they traded Bourjos. They knew Pujols was going to need rest days, they knew they needed Trumbo to DH. So if you trade Bourjos you have to play Wells in left field. Wells has been a negative WAR player for the last 2 years. Dipoto wanted that off the payroll and out of Scioscia's lineup card so to do that you have to keep Bourjos and Trumbo.

Vernon Wells has more WAR as of April 2013 than Mike Trout, Peter Bourjos and Josh Hamilton combined.

Although, to be fair, he has less WAR than Mike Trout and Peter Bourjos combined, and only slightly more WAR than Mike Trout alone.