• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Walking Dead Season 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, you certainly did not get your wish. What a waste of an episode. They devoted an entire episode to Tara? See, here's the thing...it's not that I wondered what happened to Tara, or why we hadn't seen her for awhile...I didn't even realize we hadn't seen her for awhile. At no point in the 9 episodes she had been missing (as confirmed by Talking Dead because seriously...did anyone even notice she was missing besides her parents and agent?) did I wonder...what happened to Tara. She's a complete non-entity...a red shirt...and they devoted an entire episode to her? 

This kind of shit doesn't bode well for the series...they should have been able to dive right into the battle between Saviors and Hilltop/Alexandria/Kingdom and instead keep dragging things out so they can make an entire season out of it (or even worse...two seasons out of it). It's like the Farm crap all over again.

15 minutes ago, red321 said:

Well, you certainly did not get your wish. What a waste of an episode. They devoted an entire episode to Tara? See, here's the thing...it's not that I wondered what happened to Tara, or why we hadn't seen her for awhile...I didn't even realize we hadn't seen her for awhile. At no point in the 9 episodes she had been missing (as confirmed by Talking Dead because seriously...did anyone even notice she was missing besides her parents and agent?) did I wonder...what happened to Tara. She's a complete non-entity...a red shirt...and they devoted an entire episode to her? 

This kind of shit doesn't bode well for the series...they should have been able to dive right into the battle between Saviors and Hilltop/Alexandria/Kingdom and instead keep dragging things out so they can make an entire season out of it (or even worse...two seasons out of it). It's like the Farm crap all over again.

Yeah.  It's going downhill fast.  It's like they are setting up for the royal rumble, in hopes that the royal rumble will be a huge spectacle that everyone will want to see.  But at this point, I just hope everyone dies so the series is over.  There aren't any really interesting characters anymore.  They are all developed and standing in mud.  You don't really have the evolutions of Glen and Rick and Daryl and Carol and Shane.  And after the original cast, they just added characters with really no substance to them. 

11 minutes ago, Adam said:

I've never seen so many people get so excited about a show they seem to hate. 

It's not that I hate the show.  But like all shows.  You can tell, it's on it's last legs and fading fast.  And like the zombie apocalypse, it's not going to be a quick death but a long drawn out death.

that latest episode was one of the worst of the entire series.  

every time the lesbian chick opened her mouth i was rolling my eyes. the lame jokes and trying to be witty puns. yeah and who's the black dude she's with, was he the guy at the hospital with the cute blonde? 

i have no idea who half the people are, their always trying to re-kindle one-off storylines from two seasons ago. everytime enid comes on i have to try and page back into memory why im supposed to care about her, other than the fact that she shares the name of the main character in the awesome movie Ghost World.

it was great when they were scavanging for things and really trying to survive the apocalypse. now i have to just assume someone is there to keep that Sears aluminum siding in perfect shape on all the houses and make sure the professional grade range in the kitchen is operating at top capacity with a gas and electrical source that has never even been discussed.

bummer, the show was great for a while.

and jesus christ carl cut your f*cking hair.

They've pretty much just punted on this half of the season after the first episode...apparently they won't get around to the war with Negan until spring of 2017. Last Sunday's episode, which we didn't even bother to watch until Thursday, wasn't too bad. Didn't need to be 90 minutes, but as much of a dick as Negan is, he's at least a little funny at times. Truest line ever spoken when he called Carl a future serial killer.

Looks like they've run out of steam though, trying to stretch out a single storyline over a whole season and having to trot out filler crap like the Tara shit. A whole episode required to show a 2 second clip identifying where they are going to get their guns from? Oh look, Carol lives in a house.

I'm guessing...who the hell cares what his name is son of that old lady we've already forgotten gets the bat next week...that'll be nice.

spot on article. like i said, totally jumped the shark this season. that tara episode was one of the worst of the entire series.

"Not to belabor the point, but when we consider the failings of this season, we keep returning to that Tara episode. It was five minutes of propulsive story (Tara fell into the river, Tara woke up in a new community full of women and guns, Tara kept it a secret when she got back home) stretched across an unnecessarily 71-minute (with commercials) long episode. What's next? A full hour of Olivia counting the cans in Alexandria's pantry?"

http://www.eonline.com/news/814840/the-walking-dead-is-off-track-here-s-how-to-fix-it

1 hour ago, mrwicked said:

spot on article. like i said, totally jumped the shark this season. that tara episode was one of the worst of the entire series.

"Not to belabor the point, but when we consider the failings of this season, we keep returning to that Tara episode. It was five minutes of propulsive story (Tara fell into the river, Tara woke up in a new community full of women and guns, Tara kept it a secret when she got back home) stretched across an unnecessarily 71-minute (with commercials) long episode. What's next? A full hour of Olivia counting the cans in Alexandria's pantry?"

http://www.eonline.com/news/814840/the-walking-dead-is-off-track-here-s-how-to-fix-it

To simplify.  There are just too many people on the Walking Dead.  They just need to thin the herd.  Rick and maybe Michonne only.  Then have a spinoff of Daryl running around the forest. 

One thing they are setting up for, is a lot of people leaving the show without killing them off.  Tara can take the women to that Girls only camp.  Carol and the stick guy can stay in the kingdom taking a few with them.  Maggie and a bunch could stay at hilltop, maybe with Carl and Judith.  Then let Rick go on his merry way back south. 

just make it a spin off with judith.

she gets bit, but since she's an infant her body is able to fight off most of the disease. but it still affects her. she basically becomes immortal. yet since she's part undead she becomes the first true leader of a band of ragtag zombies hellbent on destroying all those who attacked them and their family.

of course judith can only be killed by having her head chopped off.

she becomes baby zombie highlander, leader of the rebellion in the first zombie war.

10 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

just make it a spin off with judith.

she gets bit, but since she's an infant her body is able to fight off most of the disease. but it still affects her. she basically becomes immortal. yet since she's part undead she becomes the first true leader of a band of ragtag zombies hellbent on destroying all those who attacked them and their family.

of course judith can only be killed by having her head chopped off.

she becomes baby zombie highlander, leader of the rebellion in the first zombie war.

Hmm.  You just described Z Nation.