• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2016 College Football thread

21 hours ago, nando714 said:

Florida is awful...

You have no idea. I am an officer in the local Gator Club, and I have watched every game this season. Jim McElwain was brought in to rebuild the offense in particular. It's just as bad as it was under Will Muschamp. They have backed into the SECCG the past two years because the SEC East is at a historic low point in terms of strength and competition.

The offensive line is terrible, can't pass protect or run block against top competition. The quarterback play has been atrocious - but then the two candidates were a guy who couldn't earn a scholarship at Alabama or start at Oregon State, and a graduate transfer from Purdue. IMO McElwain is gone after 2017 unless there is marked improvement in the offense. The defense, which has been the only thing keeping the Gators in games, loses six starters after 2016.

17 hours ago, Lou said:

what do you consider mad money? he can get whatever he wants from Bama. 

if he leaves, it won't be for money. IF he were to leave, I don't see any chance in hell it would be for LA. 

I didn't say how big a dream (Herculean) it would be.    No doubt that Bama doesn't want him to leave.

Besides, Demoff and Snead are dimwits, and wouldn't know a real coach if one bumped into them.

12 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Is it just me.  (and probably because I follow very little football)  But does a Penn St vs USC Rose Bowl sound a lot better (like I'll want to watch) than any matchup in the the College Football Championship? 

only if you aren't an ohio state fan.

20 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

You have no idea. I am an officer in the local Gator Club, and I have watched every game this season. Jim McElwain was brought in to rebuild the offense in particular. It's just as bad as it was under Will Muschamp. They have backed into the SECCG the past two years because the SEC East is at a historic low point in terms of strength and competition.

The offensive line is terrible, can't pass protect or run block against top competition. The quarterback play has been atrocious - but then the two candidates were a guy who couldn't earn a scholarship at Alabama or start at Oregon State, and a graduate transfer from Purdue. IMO McElwain is gone after 2017 unless there is marked improvement in the offense. The defense, which has been the only thing keeping the Gators in games, loses six starters after 2016.

Let him go to Oregon 

On 12/4/2016 at 1:03 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

They need to recruit murderers again

On December 4, 2016 at 8:15 AM, gotbeer said:

Is it just me.  (and probably because I follow very little football)  But does a Penn St vs USC Rose Bowl sound a lot better (like I'll want to watch) than any matchup in the the College Football Championship? 

it's just you

Ohio St vs Clemson is a much better matchup 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm wondering if Urban Meyer will follow his old pattern. At Florida, he won two national titles and then he bailed when he couldn't duplicate his success after Tim Tebow graduated. He won a national title at Ohio State, and now he just got his ass handed to him in a playoff game. NFL, maybe?

seems weird:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/lane-kiffin-will-not-coach-for-alabama-in-national-championship-game-172916566.html

Lane Kiffin will not coach for Alabama in national championship game

The program announced Monday that Lane Kiffin will immediately move on to his new role as head coach of Florida Atlantic. With that move, which Tide head coach Nick Saban said on ESPN was a decision reached mutually on both sides, Steve Sarkisian will assume the role of offensive coordinator against Clemson.