• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Whose success or failure has surprised you most this year?

Oz27

Johnny G disappointed me the most.  After reading a preseason article about how hard he worked in the offseason with Ron Washington to improve his defense (and Washington praised him too), he just flat out stunk again and didn't hit well either.

Cowart has been a disappointment too.  Thought he would step it up in 2016 and be the starting 3B in 2017....fools gold he is.

Appreciated Weaver's season despite the stats.  He gutted it out and performed well at the end. 

Shoe showed he is top of rotation pitcher.  Was quite dominant before the injury and hope he recovers to be the same pitcher in 2017.

Trout impresses me that he continues to grow and IS the best player in the game.

Cron improved both defensively and offensively...now if he can keep it going in 2017.

Marte impressed me enough to believe he may be the everyday LF next year - but his defense has to improve.

Simmons defense is just otherworldly...WOW is all I can say.  And he hit ok too.

Never thought Bandy would be the everyday catcher.  Perez stunk at the plate this year.

3 hours ago, DMVol said:

I thought it might be a "home boy" type of effect too but his numbers are pretty similar home/road since the trade....so I don't know....I just want him to keep it up....

http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/6491/ricky-nolasco

Agree although I wasn't a huge fan of the trade it would benefit the Angels in the short term huge if he could put up decent numbers next year which would be awesome. As much as I dislike the Angels winning right now having him pitch well is a great sign that hopefully he can do this next year 

I think the health of the pitching staff was the biggest disappointment to me. We went from having a young, deep rotation, led by veteran Weaver. Solid back of the bullpen, and whoever didn't make the rotation would go to the pen and be the long guy.

Well..... I never use injuries as an excuse, but what the hell happened this year? Who pissed off the baseball gods.

4 hours ago, ksangel said:

Johnny G disappointed me the most.  After reading a preseason article about how hard he worked in the offseason with Ron Washington to improve his defense (and Washington praised him too), he just flat out stunk again and didn't hit well either.

I wasn't expecting much from him offensively, but what is frustrating is I actually thought he made some significant defensive improvements. He still wasn't good there, but he went from terrible to passable. He went from -12 DRS in 2015 to -1 in 2016.  If he had reproduced his 2015 offense with that defense, he would have been an okay player. Unfortunately his 2015 offense was not sustainable.