• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aleppo

12 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Show you showing me where we didn't do something bad and that somehow negates when we blow up hospitals?

Do you honestly for a split second think we set out to do that? 

War is life...life is brutal. War isnt ending as long as animals compete for life...we are one of the absolute few cultures on earth that tries to avoid collateral damage. 

There are those who say we should have stayed out of it, and let the people in charge keep status quo in SWA, by way of whatever means necessary. (To which i agree). Those in charge did so by brutality...in their absence chaos has taken over. So we try and restore some semblance of stability with a fraction of the violence that kept the stability before we got involved. And we are 'butchers'.

As long as the other guy chooses to fight amongst the population, and blend with the population, the population will suffer. 

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

As long as the other guy chooses to fight amongst the population, and blend with the population, the population will suffer. 

this. they hide among the civilians then propagandize relentlessly that we are "targeting" civilians, like this infamous photo.

Unknown.jpeg

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Do you honestly for a split second think we set out to do that? 

War is life...life is brutal. War isnt ending as long as animals compete for life...we are one of the absolute few cultures on earth that tries to avoid collateral damage. 

There are those who say we should have stayed out of it, and let the people in charge keep status quo in SWA, by way of whatever means necessary. (To which i agree). Those in charge did so by brutality...in their absence chaos has taken over. So we try and restore some semblance of stability with a fraction of the violence that kept the stability before we got involved. And we are 'butchers'.

No, I don't.  I also don't think they were careful enough.  Can you honestly tell me that a majority of the time drone strikes take out one or two innocent people?  That most of our actions include the death of innocent civilians?  You tell me why I should be ok with that?  You tell me why our soldiers should have to kill or be killed or watch friends get killed for an area that wants no part of us?  

4 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

No, I don't.  I also don't think they were careful enough.  Can you honestly tell me that a majority of the time drone strikes take out one or two innocent people?  That most of our actions include the death of innocent civilians?  You tell me why I should be ok with that?  You tell me why our soldiers should have to kill or be killed or watch friends get killed for an area that wants no part of us?  

Again, no matter how careful we are, there will never, ever be a war fought without innocent people getting in the way. It adds more the probability of that when the other side doesnt wear a uniform and stays and fights amongst the population centers. 

Theres a difference between an accident and intent. The same as an old man hitting the gas instead of the brake and mowing down a crowd on the santa monica boardwalk, versus the guy in Nice last month. The tragedy is the same, the event wholly different.

As far as the areas not wanting anything to do with us, ignoring AQ with limp wristed responses after the embassy bombings, the Cole and some well circulated warnings is what lead to 9/11. Just because the majority of the ME has no intent on doing anything to us, that doesnt mean we shouldnt hit the ones we know are an actual threat.