• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Red Sox @ Angels 7/29 7:05

23 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

The Angels don't want to bring up Smith this early so if you DFA Lincecum, Chacin takes his place or you trade Santiago or Shoemaker for another pitcher or two that you can slot in right away.

A pitcher or two that's ready to go in 2018 might be the way to go.  My thoughts are evolving toward near future over immediate future. 

24 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Smith is 25 next month. Might as well call him up now.

Has pitched like crap lately.  Now back up to a 4.50 ERA for the year.  But, yeah, overall, why the hell not at this point?  I don't think the "clock" consideration should really be all that strong, given his age, anyway.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Has pitched like crap lately.  Now back up to a 4.50 ERA for the year.  But, yeah, overall, why the hell not at this point?  I don't think the "clock" consideration should really be all that strong, given his age, anyway.

It's not like he's a guy who's going to end up earning $9 mil in his last year of arb either. At this point I think we should be getting Smith up here so we can try to work out if he's a guy we can plan around or not.

1 minute ago, Dick B Back said:

Do you have some serviceable background info to prove otherwise, or more off the cuff?

Not sure do you have some knowledge that says other wise. Mike won the war against Jerry so I'm thinking Mike has a little more control than your every day run of the mill bench squatter 

25 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And while Mike has a lot of say I highly doubt he tells Billy to call up this guy, release this guy.  That's a GM decision and I've never heard anyone claim otherwise about Mike. 

Didn't say that just said I doubt Billy tells him what to do with said players once they are up