• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Street Closed

I would give Bedrosian one more full year of setup duties.  I have feeling if Bedrosian is given, lets say today, the closer's job he'll start pitching like Kevin Jepsen or Jordan Walden.  Let him succeed in his current role and keep his confidence for now.  That 1.09 ERA is pretty cool.

As everyone knows, he has good bloodlines, so he'll be a great closer down the line.

JC Ramirez has the stuff to be a set-up man, just needs to be more consistent with his command.   He's definitely >>>>> Smith at this point.   

Edit: He actually only has 11 walks in 40+ innings for the Reds and Halos so far in 2016, after walking some 5 batters per 9 innings in his two cups of coffee in 2013 and 2015.   His problem for the Reds was the long ball, 7 HRs in 32 innings.

So they got a great future closer & everyday RFer out of the 2010 draft, Cron in 2011 was simply best player available at the time. Getting Kole in later rounds was great work by Bane, 2011 mock drafts had Angels taking Cron so its not like Ric Wilson had to make a tough choice there.

I'm curious in 5 more years how much WAR that 2010 angels draft will have vs all the 2011-2015 Wilson drafts. Calhoun & Bedrosian should produce for years, Cron could be good for years but he seems injury prone in terms of projecting his long term WAR value.

Don't forget Cowart from the 2010 draft.

As bad as 3 (Clarke, Bolden, Lindsey) of those 5 early picks were in 2010, that overall draft still compares favorably to the 2011-2015 drafts so far. 

The more time goes by, the more I realize how much Dipeutered sucked as GM at building a solid franchise, and was a quitter on top of it.

10 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Don't forget Cowart from the 2010 draft.

As bad as 3 (Clarke, Bolden, Lindsey) of those 5 early picks were in 2010, that overall draft still compares favorably to the 2011-2015 drafts so far. 

The more time goes by, the more I realize how much Dipeutered sucked as GM at building a solid franchise, and was a quitter on top of it.

If Cowart achieves 1.0 WAR in his career it will probably more than most of those drafts lol. Except for CJ Cron in 2011