• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Entire Franchise Lost Today

1 hour ago, Lou said:

if he really wanted to win, he can start by hitting over .083 in the playoffs 

(that is, unless Scioscia and Arte instructed him to suck)

Yes I'm sure Trout (who hates to lose by the way) is impressed with his 12 lifetime at bats in the postseason while competing in 5.5 seasons of ML baseball. 

An observation while watching the ML club on this day..

Scioscia had the infield shifted for Conger so radically that Escobar was the only infielder on the left side of the diamond, playing about SS...so what does Trop do? He pitches him on the OUTSIDE corner. It went foul, but only by a slim margin.

"Oh..I'm supposed to pitch him inside and get him to pull it? I get it now, skip...duh"

I thought, no wonder this team, this organization, is flopping around like stranded carp. If that's the best execution of a simple concept that they can muster, it's amazing they win at all.

Not fun baseball to watch.   

28 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I didn't see it, was the catcher set up outside or did he miss location?  Also as we've seen a bunch of times hitters roll over pitches on the outside part of the plate.  

Didn't see how the catcher was set up, but when the shift is on for dead pull, (3 infielders on one side) you don't throw outside unless you are unclear on the concept. Trop might have just let one slip, but still...it was almost comical.

3 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Didn't see how the catcher was set up, but when the shift is on for dead pull, (3 infielders on one side) you don't throw outside unless you are unclear on the concept. Trop might have just let one slip, but still...it was almost comical.

catcher wasn't set up outside. the pitch doesn't always go where it's intended. 

that's why batters walk.