• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time to trade Street and give Bedrock the ball

While I wouldn't advocate a full gut of our team this move makes sense. Hopefully Street can put on a nice run and elevate his worth. I can't imagine a team not wanting him for at least a set-up role. Dodgers, Indians, and Cardinals might have interest.

I'd like to see Bedrock step into the closer role. I have done a complete 180 on the guy. 

D. Guerra has been mostly rock solid himself.

20.2 innings:  17/0 K's/BBs ratio, 0.73 WHIP, 2.61 ERA

Guerra 8th inning, Bedrosian 9th inning, trade Street and Smith.

There's no one after them though who is worthy of the 7th inning role, by ANY stretch of the imagination. 

Two pitchers dominated in the pen for AA Arkansas, who were just recently promoted to AAA and are intriguing, LHP converted starter-to-reliever Tyler DeLoach and reliever Alan Busenitz.    At AA, both had sub 2.00 ERA's in some 32 innings, both had excellent WHIPs somewhere around 1.00, and both had a K per inning pitched.

17 minutes ago, totdprods said:

"Street was adamant that he's open to pitching earlier in games, but only if that's his role. As the closer, he expects to get the call in the ninth when his team is leading."

Whatever happened to players simply answering the manager's call and doing whatever it takes to win?

Street should shut his mouth until he figures out how to get guys out.

Definitely need to try and trade Street. He and Smith are looking like 2 guys heading in the wrong direction so it would be nice to cut bait before they have zero value at all. Street's stats are ugly this season but it's still a small sample size so perhaps they can still move him to a team who isn't too worried quite yet about the numbers

1 hour ago, LooneyPlatoons said:

If/when Street and Smith get traded, who are our options besides Bedrosian?  I think Cam could be good but I also think Scioscia would end up giving the ball to Salas or go with a save by committee.

Who cares for this year?  We are not going anywhere and we can start from scratch over the winter 

16 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Who cares for this year?  We are not going anywhere and we can start from scratch over the winter 

It would be good to see the mental makeup of some of our relievers in 9th inning game on the line situations.  Whether it benefits us this year or the next few, it couldn't hurt to try.  Maybe Bedrosian sticks and we save 10 mil a season on a closer in the short term while using that money in addressing our many other needs.

2 hours ago, LooneyPlatoons said:

It would be good to see the mental makeup of some of our relievers in 9th inning game on the line situations.  Whether it benefits us this year or the next few, it couldn't hurt to try.  Maybe Bedrosian sticks and we save 10 mil a season on a closer in the short term while using that money in addressing our many other needs.

Oh I agree.  I said who cares to a comment regarding who Scioscia would use in the 7th inning someone like Salas.  At this point I really don't care.

don't know if anyone here listens to the ESPN fantasy baseball podcast, but they got into the Street situation today. Keep in mind they're looking at things from a purely fantasy perspective, but they really ripped into Scioscia for his stubborness re: Street/veteran loyalty. They thought Bedrosian could be someone interesting to watch, but then both joked that Scioscia would probably go with Salas if he ever took Street out of the closer's role, which they don't think he will.

Not saying I agree 100%, just thought you guys would find it interesting. They pretty regularly rip on Scioscia for his lack of progressive thinking. They were in disbelief the other day that Giavotella was getting ABs in the 5 spot and that earlier in the season Scioscia kept putting horrible hitters in the 2 hole ahead of Trout.