• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Any updates on Arte's stadium quest?

yk9001

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

The thing is though.  Concessions make up a very small % of revenues.  Just because they are charging $20 for a hotdog, doesn't mean the Angels are getting $20 for a hotdog.  Looking way back at the 2009 leaked financials, of the $240 million in revenues listed.  $100-103 million came from tickets (42%), local broadcast (I don't know if this is pre or post new contract) $42 million (%17.5), MLB fund $38 million (15.8%), local advertising $16-19 million (7.3%) then finally food and beverage $16 million (6.7%). 

So even if food and beverage goes down half due to attendance really being half.  It's still a 3% loss.  They are probably still saying tickets sold to keep the advertising up.  And if they are still selling the tickets, and people aren't showing up, it's still a sold ticket.

Oh ok, that makes sense. 

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

The thing is though.  Concessions make up a very small % of revenues.  Just because they are charging $20 for a hotdog, doesn't mean the Angels are getting $20 for a hotdog.  Looking way back at the 2009 leaked financials, of the $240 million in revenues listed.  $100-103 million came from tickets (42%), local broadcast (I don't know if this is pre or post new contract) $42 million (%17.5), MLB fund $38 million (15.8%), local advertising $16-19 million (7.3%) then finally food and beverage $16 million (6.7%). 

So even if food and beverage goes down half due to attendance really being half.  It's still a 3% loss.  They are probably still saying tickets sold to keep the advertising up.  And if they are still selling the tickets, and people aren't showing up, it's still a sold ticket.

Pre....   The Angels get more from the National TV deals now than they did the local broadcasts in 09.   

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-new-national-tv-contracts-and-2014-payrolls/

The local TV revenue is way way up...  http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/estimated-tv-revenues-for-all-30-mlb-teams/

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

How many season ticket holders does he have?  Something like 17,000 or so?  Is that a lot compared to the league?  

The one thing the Angels have in their favor is their constant retention of their long term season ticket holders We have nice weather and many of the tickets are bought up by major corporations for the entertainment value for customers and family. Drawing 3 million fans year after year is quite an accomplishment in any sport. Take it for what it's worth, many fans don't give a shit about the score. They are there for the 4 at bats by #27, bobble heads and the Rally Monkey. 

32 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

You claimed Moreno closes the concessions and sends people home....    Does paying him rent also mean he gets to tell them to shut it down and send people home?  I'm interested in the facts, not agenda driven hyperbole.   

So, answer the question -- Does Arte Moreno call the shorts for Legends..   It's a yes or no question.

The turnstiles determine how many concession stands stay open. The Angels can project how many fans will attend just by looking at the secondary market for tickets. Legends will base their needs on that projected information. The Anaheim PD uses that same information to determine how many officers and how much parking control is needed for each game. So yes, when attendance is low the labor force needed is cut down.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Pre....   The Angels get more from the National TV deals now than they did the local broadcasts in 09.   

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-new-national-tv-contracts-and-2014-payrolls/

So that will further skew the numbers to who cares if anyone is physically attending the games.  The national amount probably would be classified in the MLB fund.  So say +$25.  The big one doing a quick search, is the local TV deal.  Looks like the TV deal happened sometime in 2011.  Not sure when it kicked in, but I think it's safe to say that it has started.  That's $150 million per year, so a +$105 million.

So really, if everyone brought their own food and drink to the stadium.  Bottom line would not be impacted much at all.  Now say the tickets sold went down 75%.  Being one of the top 3 money makers, that would have an impact.  But with the local static broadcast rights as high as they are.  Even attendance wouldn't hurt as much. 

13 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

The turnstiles determine how many concession stands stay open. The Angels can project how many fans will attend just by looking at the secondary market for tickets. Legends will base their needs on that projected information. The Anaheim PD uses that same information to determine how many officers, parking control that's needed for each game. So yes, when attendance is low the labor force needed is cut down.

Dude, you're not going to out-lawyer me...    

You made a distinct claim -- one we both know is pure agenda drive tripe..   You can't admit to the BS ....that's fine but let's be clear..  it was BS...

Obsessions are a real thing....   

BTW, Cal..  You might not be able to notice since that Arte hate is a bit blinding but the links I posted in response to Gotbeer pretty much support the opinion that Arte is making a mint and he's being a twat.

Don't think my pointing out your BS means I think Arte is above questioning or a saint of some kind.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

BTW, Cal..  You might not be able to notice since that Arte hate is a bit blinding but the links I posted in response to Gotbeer pretty much support the opinion that Arte is making a mint and he's being a twat.

Don't think my pointing out your BS means I think Arte is above questioning or a saint of some kind.

Legends took over in 2013 which knocked out Aramark. The most important components of the negotiating process were the menu, chefs, food service and concession manpower. An economic impact study was presented and Legends was awarded the contract. I'm not saying that Arte is walking around the stadium and sending people home because there's only 2 people in line. I'm saying that Arte is saving money by having less concessions open for smaller crowds. He's saving money by not opening every ticket window on game day. He's saving money by not having as many parking lot attendants during low attendance days. Yes peanut guys get sent home as well as gameday ushers. It's all supply and demand. That's what I meant. No ill intentions.

Where would they put a new stadium? The one they have is fine for the L.A. Metro Area. San Antonio is looking to build a Baseball Stadium in their Downtown. San Antonio has had some second thoughts on getting a Triple AAA Team because that city (7th largest in the USA) is large enough to support an MLB Franchise. The Angels would get a lot of supporters in that city.

maxresdefault.jpg

I wonder if there is anything in the TV contract that would stipulate that the halos have to maintain a certain mlb payroll.  I doubt it, but it would make sense that there are metrics involved with how the team gets paid relative to ratings and market share.  

9 hours ago, WBaxterDTM said:

That would be a great idea! Las Vegas does have a Triple AAA Franchise, however.

Of course, they now will have an NHL franchise as well. 

I don't think the population is actually enough to support an MLB franchise for 81 home games, not unless they're expecting serious support from tourists.