• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ANGELS at Astros - Game Thread 6/21

JoJo26

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That happens when you're one game out of a playoff spot and then in the off season the owner gives up on the team.  That being said there's no amount of free agency that can overcome the injuries that have happened this year. 

Strad, the core of this years team was on the field tonight. Pujols, Trout, Calhoun, Simmons, Escobar, Perez, Cron, Gia, Nava and Marte. Santiago did great and they brought in their closer Street. What injured player caused tonights loss? This team (that happens to include Trout and Pujols) is one of the worst teams that Scioscia has ever managed. 

7 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Strad, the core of this years team was on the field tonight. Pujols, Trout, Calhoun, Simmons, Escobar, Perez, Cron, Gia, Nava and Marte. Santiago did great and they brought in their closer Street. What injured player caused tonights loss? This team (that happens to include Trout and Pujols) is one of the worst teams that Scioscia has ever managed. 

Claude for one Albert didn't play and for two they had Daniel Nava batting clean up.  Do I need to spell that out for you?  Do I need to tell you how he did?  Twice he came up with a runner on third and no outs and he didn't come through.  Signing a legitimate LFer might have actually come through.  

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Claude for one Albert didn't play and for two they had Daniel Nava batting clean up.  Do I need to spell that out for you?  Do I need to tell you how he did?  Twice he came up with a runner on third and no outs and he didn't come through.  Signing a legitimate LFer might have actually come through.  

Albert was available so no injury can be blamed for this loss. This team lacks talent and that won't change any time soon.

51 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That happens when you're one game out of a playoff spot and then in the off season the owner gives up on the team.  That being said there's no amount of free agency that can overcome the injuries that have happened this year. 

So if you're admitting that Moreno couldn't have done anything in the offseason that would have made a difference, then you're bitching about him just for the sake of bitching about him, which is exactly what you call all the Scioscia haters out for.

Edited by WallyWorld

Just now, WallyWorld said:

So if you're admitting that Moreno couldn't have done anything in the offseason that would have a difference, then you're bitching about him just for the sake of bitching about him, which is exactly what you call all the Scioscia haters out for.

Well it's the game day thread.  This loss could very easily been avoided if we had a real left fielder.  So I'm bitching about this loss.  

8 hours ago, eligrba4ever said:

All those folks who shout at Moreno to sell should be aware that the baseball franchise is probably going to be inherited by the Moreno offspring when the time comes. Just like the Yankees went to George's sons and daughter. Just like the Lakers went to the Jim and Jeannie.

Those dads at least won championships.

8 hours ago, eligrba4ever said:

All those folks who shout at Moreno to sell should be aware that the baseball franchise is probably going to be inherited by the Moreno offspring when the time comes. Just like the Yankees went to George's sons and daughter. Just like the Lakers went to the Jim and Jeannie.

And how's that worked out for those 2 franchises?:572ac679b8023_sticker375x360:

I called it though. It kind of sucks with this seasons squad when you can pretty much predict the outcome of the game in the later innings. To be fair to Huston he hasn't had many opportunities to throw. I was concerned when Perez went out there to talk to him and his location of pitches.

Then once Correa came up I looked at my son and said ball game, walk off, something in the gap.