• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Oklahoma - Stay away

Yeah, Oklahoma was dope. I dug it. Kind of weird how big, yet how small OKC is.

And god bless if you are able to be around Norman (this pretty much goes for any rural but big college town) and be in any vicinity where the chicks are. Fun times. 

I lived in Oklahoma for about 20 years. The people are among the friendliest and most helpful you will find anywhere - as long as you don't go down the road of religion, politics or gun rights. From birth they are spoon-fed their political opinions from The Daily Oklahoman, Oklahoma City's newspaper. Whoever coined the phrase "liberal media" has never read a single edition of it. They publish their political endorsements on the front page of the paper on election day, so that people can cut them out and take them to the polls. No need, really, because you could just vote a straight Republican ticket and you would have it down. The only time that I saw them endorse a Democrat was when his Republican opponent was facing felony charges - and it was a last minute endorsement, because they were waiting so see if the charges would be dropped. The paper is owned by the Gaylord family - who love Oklahoma so much that they moved the corporate offices of the paper to the Dallas-Fort Worth area to avoid state income tax.

The Republicans, the Southern Baptists and the NRA can do no wrong.

I attended college in Norman for two years. You are right about the women there. It is no coincidence that an OU undergrad was on the cover of Playboy's 25th Anniversary Edition. Calling it rural might be a bit of a stretch, though. It is about 20 miles from Oklahoma City, and Moore borders it on the north side.

Yeah, rural is incorrect and I explain that to people who haven't been outside the CA bubble, OKC was a solid metropolitan city. Flyover states is what I meant.....Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Nebraska, etc.

When I was there I basically circled the entire state helping a buddies business startup for two weeks. I kind of hit all the bigger cities.....OKC, Stillwater, Tulsa, Moore, Shawnee, Chickasha, and Lawton....I'm missing some others, but don't remember. I have a cousin in Tulsa and got to spend the weekend of that two week trip with them.

Having been in the mortgage industry so long it's not a surprise to me, but it still kind of trips me out in parts of the US where you can get a 250k home and it's basically a mansion or something that is 750-950k out here.

Fun trip. It's always a blast to be able to drive in different parts of the US that don't have bumper to bumper traffic. 

I rode to Tulsa and back in a hearse one weekend. A college buddy of mine (lawyer in Tulsa for many years now) was the owner. 

As an Oklahoma graduate, it pains me no end to report that my youngest stepdaughter starts veterinary school at Oklahoma State in August. Speaking of Stillwater, which is a world unto itself...

When I was at OU I was the president of their Kappa Kappa Psi chapter (band service fraternity).  KKPsi was founded at OSU, and the national office was on campus in Stillwater. On occasion we would go to the national office for various reasons. During one trip we saw a tractor in a student parking lot. It had a commuter parking sticker on it.

You can't make this stuff up.

The trip was them finding out I was from CA, I get it when I go to KC too. It's just weird how people react or their assumptions of CA....the type of questions is kind of sad, like you feel like they are just missing out on life or how they think all of CA is some majestic place.

Not to mention how up to date they were from the news. Everyone wanted to talk to me about the drought.

Being from CA in areas like that absolutely does not suck. You're treated like some kind of royal prince or they think you're a faggot liberal haha.

It seems to me that people in that area of the country believe that every Californian will have hair down to his waist, and he will come staggering out of his VW bus wearing a tie-dyed shirt with a joint in one hand and a liquor bottle in the other. Just like some people out west, when they found out that I lived in the OKC area for a while, almost expected that I rode a horse to work.

Regional stereotypes can be amusing.

• 2 weeks later...
On June 10, 2016 at 10:22 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

It seems to me that people in that area of the country believe that every Californian will have hair down to his waist, and he will come staggering out of his VW bus wearing a tie-dyed shirt with a joint in one hand and a liquor bottle in the other. Just like some people out west, when they found out that I lived in the OKC area for a while, almost expected that I rode a horse to work.

Regional stereotypes can be amusing.

i lived and worked in massachusetts one year. heard several times how the bible predicts california is going to break off the continent because of an earthquake and just simply be swallowed up in the water. no one could ever prove it was in the bible, but a lot of them certainly believed it. there were also those thought celebrities just walked the streets like everyone else and you could run in to them all over the place. one kid thought san fran was about half an hour away (by car) from los angeles because they looked so close together on a map.

" Here's how it works. If a trooper suspects a person may have money tied to some type of crime, the highway patrol can scan and seize money from prepaid cards.  OHP stresses troopers do not do this during all traffic stops, only situations where they believe there is probable cause."

That phrase right there points out that there is sooooooo much gray area. I mean, if the local OHP district has a budget shortfall, what's stopping the local trooper from saying, "you know, I think I have probable cause to seize all your shit" in pretty much any situation they deem necessary?

Civil asset forfeiture should be illegal. It violates the Fourth Amendment, and places the burden of proof on the suspect. It's a fucking scam, really.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:31 PM, Mark68 said:

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Tulsa once.

I stayed at a Best Western. On the wrong side of town. I didn't know ahead of time that Tulsa had a wrong side of town. 

8 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The hearse was owned by a friend of mine, who has been a lawyer in town for years. This was during my University of Oklahoma days. I was a Florida kid and I had no family nearby, so I spent a weekend with his family in Tulsa.

looks like it was quite a weekend.

arts_beer-530x372.jpg

childabuse.jpg

hope you didn't drop any of these:

6a00d8341bfa6953ef010535e845d6970b-500wi