• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This team is bad

jshep

Even if the team wanted to dump Pujols and Hamilton(and I don't think that's the case...at least not yet), they both have absurd contracts and no-trade clauses. And I certainly don't think they would be willing to eat those contracts to move them.

For better or worse, we're stuck with them.

That was so unique and rare and fortunate for Boston. No chance in hell the Halos ship Pujols out. They are stuck with that contract till the bitter end.

I'm not even really worried about the money committed to them as they inevitably get worse and worse. It's the pitching. Where are the good power arms in the pen? Where's the good young SP prospects? Richards has the upside and they desperately need him to reach it. Blanton is pure crap and is unfortunately signed through next season, Vargas is a FA after the year and looks like a guy you don't want to invest long term in, Hanson is an injury waiting to happen, CJ is only getting worse as he gets older and their one stud in Weaver is now on the wrong side of 30 and was showing some scary velocity drop to start the year

Halos scouting has to hit it big in these next few drafts on some good arms, starters and relievers.

That was so unique and rare and fortunate for Boston. No chance in hell the Halos ship Pujols out. They are stuck with that contract till the bitter end.

I'm not even really worried about the money committed to them as they inevitably get worse and worse. It's the pitching. Where are the good power arms in the pen? Where's the good young SP prospects? Richards has the upside and they desperately need him to reach it. Blanton is pure crap and is unfortunately signed through next season, Vargas is a FA after the year and looks like a guy you don't want to invest long term in, Hanson is an injury waiting to happen, CJ is only getting worse as he gets older and their one stud in Weaver is now on the wrong side of 30 and was showing some scary velocity drop to start the year

Ya, there are a few college arms to cross your fingers on, particularly on the bullpen side of things, but other than that?

Our "hope" for the rotation is AJ Schugel and arms with good stuff, limited strong track records, and various reasons to question their ability to stick in the rotation. And Schugel's "upside" is back of the rotation starter probably.

And if the team was balking at the prices of starting pitching this offseason, I can't imagine their reactions going forward... and even then. the best arm on the market next year is...Josh Johnson, I guess?

I hate losing, I also hate not having anything fun to go with our losing. This team is just boring to watch right now. Not that I would be any happier, but if the team lost while Trout was being Trout-like, and the team actually showcasing some of it's "power" that it's supposed to have, at the very least, I would be able to enjoy some of the offense at least. Eliminate the Tigers series, and I don't think I've really enjoyed watching this team at all this season.

Yap, I've not spent $1 on the team in almost 3 years.  In the past it would be unthinkable but no one I know cares to go to a game, including my own family.

I guess they get my support via the radio and sometimes TV, but that is it.

Give me an Ersty or Willits or hell even Spiezio - players that made me so love watching baseball because they did so much more with so much less [yeah, Spiezio didn't do that much I just liked rooting for those types].

All I think I see most of the time the last few years is a manager and players using their smartphone banking apps to check for the best interest rate% to keep moving their money around.

Yap, I've not spent $1 on the team in almost 3 years.  In the past it would be unthinkable but no one I know cares to go to a game, including my own family.

I guess they get my support via the radio and sometimes TV, but that is it.

Give me an Ersty or Willits or hell even Spiezio - players that made me so love watching baseball because they did so much more with so much less [yeah, Spiezio didn't do that much I just liked rooting for those types].

All I think I see most of the time the last few years is a manager and players using their smartphone banking apps to check for the best interest rate% to keep moving their money around.

So much more with less applies to Willits or Spiezio, but not Erstad. Erstad was hard nosed, to be sure, but he was also very talented.

So much more with less applies to Willits or Spiezio, but not Erstad. Erstad was hard nosed, to be sure, but he was also very talented.

Of course.  Well, the spirit of my message is that there are certain players who play to earn a living but genuinely love playing the game.  Trout showed us that last year.

What I'd give for a losing team but with some of the players that entertain me day in and day out.  That is, actually, why I follow baseball.  It entertains me.  Winning is icing on the cake.

I'm getting neither this year nor last nor...

No cake.