• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roberto Baldoquin is back in action.

I was really hoping the Angels would have gone after Yoan Moncada at the time and now in hindsight looking at Baldoquin and Moncada its just sad. They were comparing Baldoquin to Moncada in all the reports when we signed him.

Angels have been trying to save money the last few years and it's not working out. I hope Baldoquin turns a corner this year but as of now it does not look good.

The Angels should FIRE their international scout who told Dipoto and Wilson that Baldoquin was a good idea. 

They could have waited and signed Andy Ibanez for cheaper, who also happens to be a much better prospect. 

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=628451#/career/R/hitting/2016/ALL

7 hours ago, Chuck Richter said:

The Angels should FIRE their international scout who told Dipoto and Wilson that Baldoquin was a good idea. 

They could have waited and signed Andy Ibanez for cheaper, who also happens to be a much better prospect. 

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=628451#/career/R/hitting/2016/ALL

Also whoever told them to draft taylor ward in the first round because of his amazing catch and throw.

Dude is trash.

Edited by Poozy

1 hour ago, Poozy said:

Also whoever told them to draft taylor ward in the first round because of his amazing catch and throw.

Dude is trash.

That's harsh Poozy he just started in advanced A ball he has to develop too. I'd give that a couple more years before panning Ward.

1 hour ago, Poozy said:

Dude is trash.

That's harsh Poozy he just started in advanced A ball he has to develop too. I'd give that a couple more years before panning Ward.

2 hours ago, Poozy said:

Dude is trash.

I think Ward and Bandy are going to be a great tandem. It's hard to get a good young catching prospect. I'm fine with the selection. 

Need to be more patient with Ward for sure. 

That said, I think it's about time to get Ric Wilson on and talk about the upcoming June draft. 

I hope we draft a bunch of top college talent. Closest to the big leagues type players early. 

I saw Ward make a completely brain dead play last week at IE. Just a first impression, but it was a strong one.

Base hit to center with a runner on 2nd. Throw comes home on the fly and the runner will be out by 15 feet.

Ward is somehow oblivious and sails a throw over 2nd into CF.

Yeah, that bad.

35 minutes ago, Chuck Richter said:

I think Ward and Bandy are going to be a great tandem. It's hard to get a good young catching prospect. I'm fine with the selection. 

Need to be more patient with Ward for sure. 

That said, I think it's about time to get Ric Wilson on and talk about the upcoming June draft. 

I hope we draft a bunch of top college talent. Closest to the big leagues type players early. 

been there done that imo unless there has been some sort of internal change in the way we scout those guys it been pretty much a bust philosophy.  

I hope we go back to BPA.  

In 2011, we took Cron and passed on Sonny Gray (the very next pick), Kolten Wong, Panik, Henry Owens, Joe Ross and a few others.  Then they took Maronde in the 3rd round. Another college guy close to the majors.  

Our drafts the last few years have been weak sauce in general though.  We just need to do better in general.  

11 hours ago, ettin said:

Someone who hit .348 in his first professional season is nothing to sneeze at.

One thing I like about him is that he is active on reporting Angels news on Twitter.   

I think this might be a special guy.

8 minutes ago, California Cajun said:

Someone who hit .348 in his first professional season is nothing to sneeze at.

One thing I like about him is that he is active on reporting Angels news on Twitter.   

I think this might be a special guy.

That's a different Taylor Ward, @California Cajun

20 hours ago, Chuck Richter said:

Yeah but they talked about how MATURE he looked in the field taking grounders. Gotta count for something

Honestly, the Baldoquin signing didn't bother me even if he does suck....what bothered me was that they didn't bother to go hard after Moncada or any other international talent during that period. Once they went over their limit on Baldoquin, they should have done what other teams do in that situation and just continued to rack up international signings before the deadline passed and their penalties would go into effect. Made it even worse that they didn't bother doing that when a talent like Moncada was on the market and was the best talent out of Cuba in years. Now it's the Red Sox, who already have a ridiculously stacked farm system, who are reaping the benefits of having arguably a top 3 prospect in MLB right now in Moncada. Angels are stuck with a dude who can't even hit in the hitter friendly Cal league

@Arte--NO excuse to not have gone seriously after Moncada

As someone said somewhere, DON'T do a 180 just because YOU messed up in signing Hackilton.   Moncada would not have cost that much. 

Moncada would have been much preferable to any of the $150 million plus FAs this past off-season.

Edited by Angel Oracle