• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mattingly pulls Conley 4 outs away from No No

This whole Pitch Count thing is now out of control. Mattingly pulls Conley because he had 116 PC. In the 7th inning he had a K, then BB, then a fly out. Only 1 out away to finish the inning. He wasn't struggling at all and just tossed a 92 MPH fastball. At least give him til his next hit. Oh, the Marlins were up by 5 so a HR wasn't going to jeopardize the win much. This kid may never get this opportunity again. If I were Conley, I would have just sat on the mound til the manager walked back to the dugout.

How many pitches is ok though? The numbers say going over 120 increases risk of injury. He still had 4 outs left, he could've easily ended up near 150 pitches.

i'll take my shot at immortality over the worries of some ephemeral count.

Good decision.

Baseball has gotten a lot smarter in recent years. No hitters have long been overhyped... now someone comes close every couple weeks, and every one is shown live. Not that special. People have also wised up and realized that a lot of luck is often involved and a no hitter may be the third or fourth best pitching performance of the night.

Even Harold Reynolds gets it.

Good decision.

Baseball has gotten a lot smarter in recent years. No hitters have long been overhyped... now someone comes close every couple weeks, and every one is shown live. Not that special. People have also wised up and realized that a lot of luck is often involved and a no hitter may be the third or fourth best pitching performance of the night.

Even Harold Reynolds gets it.

Everything in sports revolves around luck. The better you are the luckier you are.

I feel bad for the kid ... didn't it also happen to one of the young Dodgers pitcher? In the end it was probably the right move.

How many pitches is ok though? The numbers say going over 120 increases risk of injury. He still had 4 outs left, he could've easily ended up near 150 pitches.

Nolan Ryan has thrown as many as 235 pitches in a game. At 42 years old he threw 164 pitches in 1989. It's a different game today, but Tommy John surgeries are at all time highs.