• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I can't hate on Pujols while Trout is still sucking

NrM

Pujols has been on the Angels for 660 regular season games and they've won 355 of those games with zero playoff wins. The 660 regular season Angels games played prior to Pujols' arrival they won 369 of those games.They also won 6 playoff games during that stretch. He's made zero impact on taking the franchise to another level. We watch him flail night after night and then when he finally hits a dinger people here fall all over themselves to praise his greatness. He's suppose to be healthy and he's hitting less than .200.....that's pitiful. A young cost controlled player with those type of stats would be sent down to AAA.

Hmm, let's see. How many of those games also included Mike Trout, arguably the best player in baseball, and yet of the 608 games he's played in you could say the Angels from the same w/l statistics are no better with him playing than in the 608 games before he played. Just saying it takes more than just one player to have the significant type of impact you are trying to show Pujols hasn't had. 

Ace_Richards, on 19 Apr 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:snapback.png

Pujols was a huge investment, but without that investment our TV deal would not have been as big. The way I see it Fox is paying Pujols' entire contract plus most of the other players as well.

I don't believe that. If that was true they should've change the franchise name to The Los Angeles Devils of Anaheim.

I don't believe that. If that was true they should've change the franchise name to The Los Angeles Devils of Anaheim.

http://losangeles.sbnation.com/los-angeles-angels/2011/12/8/2622757/los-angeles-angels-tv-deal-3-billion-20-years-albert-pujols-c-j-wilson-arte-moreno

Los Angeles Angels New TV Deal Worth $3 Billion Over 20 Years, Per Report

$3B/20=$150M/yr, the entire teams salary is less than $189M. So you don't have to believe it but it's a fact that Fox is paying practically the entire team salary including Pujols'.

Edited by Ace_Richards

Ace_Richards, on 19 Apr 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:snapback.png

http://losangeles.sbnation.com/los-angeles-angels/2011/12/8/2622757/los-angeles-angels-tv-deal-3-billion-20-years-albert-pujols-c-j-wilson-arte-moreno

Los Angeles Angels New TV Deal Worth $3 Billion Over 20 Years, Per Report

$3B/20=$150M/yr, the entire teams salary is less than $189M. So you don't have to believe it but it's a fact that Fox is paying practically the entire team salary including Pujols'.

But Albert didn't influence Fox to enter into an agreement with the Angels. That deal would've happened anyway. The Angels have a good fan base in the LA market. Fox knows everything to know about marketing and advertising. They could give a hoot about Albert.

But Albert didn't influence Fox to enter into an agreement with the Angels. That deal would've happened anyway. The Angels have a good fan base in the LA market. Fox knows everything to know about marketing and advertising. They could give a hoot about Albert.

I'm sure the amount they paid was higher because of the interest Pujols brought to the table.

Of course the team doesn't pay any taxes and has no other operating costs other than the players' payroll... right?

Sure they do, but they have attendance money, parking money, concessions, merchandising and advertising revenue. $150M on top of that is nothing to sneeze at though. Only a few teams have a better TV deal.