• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rich guy complains he's not rich enough

It's kind of interesting how people view money and wealth depending on where you live.

$200k in much of CA, WA or NY = "meh"

$200k in MT, CO, NM, etc. = "damn!"

Yea, if I wanted to feel a lot better off I could raise my hand to go to AZ, NV, or TX.

It's kind of interesting how people view money and wealth depending on where you live.  

$200k in much of CA, WA or NY  =   "meh"

$200k in MT, CO, NM, etc.  =   "damn!" 

yup...we are contemplating how we can keep my California salary and become a telecommuter from another location. I would never get anything done because I suck as a telecommuter...but it would be fun until folks caught on.

yup...we are contemplating how we can keep my California salary and become a telecommuter from another location. I would never get anything done because I suck as a telecommuter...but it would be fun until folks caught on.

I've been doing it for 11 years now, and I can tell you ... it's the best!  It does take awhile to get used to, but I found that I get more done in 3 hours at home than I do in 8 hours in a office.  It's amazing how many interruptions and distractions you get in an office.  

I've been doing it for 11 years now, and I can tell you ... it's the best!  It does take awhile to get used to, but I found that I get more done in 3 hours at home than I do in 8 hours in a office.  It's amazing how many interruptions and distractions you get in an office.  

Having to travel via airplane all the time blows though.  I hate airports with a passion.

Nate, I hate to break this to you, but in my INO career, which will span another 15-17 years, I don't see us being in WI.

Haha!  Suck it Nate!!!

(Hey Strand ... you're still on schedule to be in CO soon, right?  RIGHT?!?!?)

Having to travel via airplane all the time blows though.  I hate airports with a passion.

The worst part of travel for me missing kid's stuff at home.  Like baseball practices and games.  

Airports aren't as bad for me as the actual plane.  I hate people (I could end the sentence there) getting on and off a plane. 

yeah...my challenge is I have these nice big monitors and a catalog full of photos that are just calling out my name...shit, I still have photos from India and Thailand I haven't went through completely...and I was last there in 2007. Hell, I'm working from home right now...well, my work laptop is open somewhere on my desk.

****ing work man...assholes.

The worst part of travel for me missing kid's stuff at home.  Like baseball practices and games.  

Airports aren't as bad for me as the actual plane.  I hate people (I could end the sentence there) getting on and off a plane. 

Yeah, you are right, it is the planes.  And missing family is definitely the worst part.

I'm not sure if it really makes sense to qualify "rich" (or poor for that matter) based on what income percentile you fall into.

Maybe not.  But I'm not sure how else you'd do it.  

Rich, Middle Class, Poor.  I guess you could throw in qualifiers like Super Rich, Upper Middle Class, Lower Middle Class and Super Poor.  But if someone is in the 95th percentile, I don't know where else they'd fall beside rich. 

Someone in the 95th percentile as far as income goes can still be living paycheck to paycheck and leveraged to the hilt.  Net worth is a better indicator but even then it has it's flaws and can be overstated.  A good chunk of people who are well off aren't the one's you'd expect to be based on their appearances.      

Maybe not.  But I'm not sure how else you'd do it.  

Rich, Middle Class, Poor.  I guess you could throw in qualifiers like Super Rich, Upper Middle Class, Lower Middle Class and Super Poor.  But if someone is in the 95th percentile, I don't know where else they'd fall beside rich. 

I don't really want to argue whether or not top 95% is 'rich' but there are definitely other factors. If we turn our focus from just our country to the world, anyone making $34,000 per year is in the top 1%. I'm sure just about everyone here, aside from AJ of course, is a world wide one percenter.