• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kole Calhoun

He needs to bat in front of the wasteland known as Cron.

That is my point. 

Just because he's facing a lefty doesn't mean he should hit behind Cron, when in the fact is, he has hit better against lefties in his career than Cron has. 

For some reason left handed hitters, like relief pitchers, are treated like red headed stepchildren. It doesn't help that Calhoun is a Ginger but his bat should not be predicated on lefty/righty matchups. You don't do that with Escobar, Trout or Pujols, why **** with your hottest hitter?

The ****ing around with matchups only tells a quality player you don't have faith in him. That isn't going to serve you in the long run. Scioscia needs to get over his pig headed mindset about what a left hander can and can't do and give the Ginger the spot in the batting order he has earned and leave him there.

For some reason left handed hitters, like relief pitchers, are treated like red headed stepchildren. It doesn't help that Calhoun is a Ginger but his bat should not be predicated on lefty/righty matchups. You don't do that with Escobar, Trout or Pujols, why **** with your hottest hitter?

The ****ing around with matchups only tells a quality player you don't have faith in him. That isn't going to serve you in the long run. Scioscia needs to get over his pig headed mindset about what a left hander can and can't do and give the Ginger the spot in the batting order he has earned and leave him there.

Yeah, I don't see the Nats doing this crap with Harper.

It doesn't help that Calhoun is a Ginger but his bat should not be predicated on lefty/righty matchups.

Notti, I've been barking about this in the GD thread for so long. "Why are they pinch hitting for *name* when they're 2-3 so far in this game??" And then I get the "lefty/lefty" matchup argument. Which I wouldn't be so against it if actually made a difference in our performances, but it never pays off. The guy is obviously seeing the ball well TODAY, give him a shot! Calhoun, among other lefty hitters we've had over the years, are typically exceptions to that lefty/lefty rule and in no way should it affect their order in the lineup or their being pulled from the game.

I was a left handed batter. Did that affect my approach at the plate? Sure! But I had my south paw buddy throw 85mph batting practice for 20 minutes twice a week, and you learn to get used to the arm angle and what to look for and eventually you get over it and then it doesn't matter how the pitcher throws at all. But you only get good at left handed hitting if you're allowed to bat against left handed hitting! How are lefty's supposed to improve batting against left handed pitchers when they never get to bat against them?

It's absurd. Especially for Calhoun who has established that he knows what the hell he's doing out there, and who has no business batting behind Kron who has never established that he knows what the hell he's doing out there.

He's always hit lefties well...at every stop. There is really no good reason for Calhoun to be hitting 6th behind an inconsistent hitter like Cron. I think you have to move Calhoun down to the 2 spot and let 5 - 9 be the wasteland that it is...

off the top of my head, he was very bad against lefties last year (but i could be wrong)