• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rolling Stone's Top 40 Punk Albums of all time.

I don't disagree about the knock on Blink but to top it all of they went with Enema of the State?  I graduated high school in 2000 and like most people who grew up in Socal in the 90's (and the 80's, 2000's and 2010's) most everyone had a punk phase.  I don't think one person I know would name Enema of the State as Blink's best album.  I realize that was far and away their best selling album but part of that was because they crossed over more into radio playable pop punk.  I'm guessing my view of that album is jaded because we listened to Dude Ranch and Cheshire Cat.

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/40-greatest-punk-albums-of-all-time-20160406

I have a hard time buying into this list when Green Day "Dookie" and anything by Blink 182 make the list, but early Police and Social Distortion don't. The top three are pretty predictable, but some of the others were good. But, c'mon... blink 182?

Yeah, I never saw Green Day as a Punk Band, nor Blink 182. 

Surprised that the early Damned, Agent Orange, Suicidal Tendencies, Social D and the Butthole Surfers didn't make the list. 

They did get the top 3 right though. They could be in any order IMO. 

Weird list.

I never clicked the link because I figured it would be older punk bands, but I see The Queers were left off.

When I saw you dudes talking about Blink and Green Day I thought they might have thrown in bands like Bad Religion, NOFX, and The Vandals....hell, that whole Nitro records era was the shit.

Some punk staples, but weird list. Especially seeing the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs on there.

Blink 182 is mall punk.  Dookie is ok with me, but I can see the argument against it.

The list was ok but some definite omissions.  Screeching Weasel, NOFX, BR, Lagwagon, Fear.  And if I am using my own personal list definitely The Vandals.