• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should a Saudi company be allowed to do this in California

"Christopher Thornberg, an economist at the University of California at Riverside, called alfalfa farms a "shocking waste of a resource" and suggested California consider seizing land under eminent domain."

I would love to give this guy a swift kick to the nuts.

agreed.

Is it me, or...i dont know...wouldnt you just kind of expect the saudis to buy land off the 15 near zzyzx? For comfort appeal. Like when we go to other countries and still stop at mcdonalds.

"In California, some farmers say Almarai is a well-run company that has boosted the economy by growing its own alfalfa and buying more hay from neighboring farmers. The company recently broke ground on a plant in California's Imperial Valley to package hay into ship-ready bales."

The bigger issue IMO is the arcaic water rights system. 

I wonder what sort of treaty we have with Mexico concerning how much water we let flow to them. A decent amount still runs down there but not enough to make it to the Sea of Cortez. I would think we would take as much as possible due to the drought.