• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protecting Mike Trout

red321

I think it's pretty clear that the most important job for Halo brass is to make sure Mike Trout is healthy. Without a healthy Trout...this team is going nowhere.

There are some obvious things that can be done...Red light...no stealing. And I would go a step further, we implement a Bengie Molina rule for Trout. No trying to stretch singles in to doubles or doubles in to triples...no beating out infield grounds. If Bengie Molina can't do it...Trout shouldn't be doing it.

The proposal to move him to LF is a good start...CF is just to dangerous. But really, is LF any safer? Who knows if Simmons has a loud voice when going back on a pop up...those foul line walls are pretty hard. I was thinking maybe 1b...but that comes with dangers as well (see Mo Vaughn).

So, I think it's pretty clear that the safest defensive position for Trout would be DH. But then you have that pesky hit by pitch thing...and let's really think about it. Baserunning is dangerous, even with the aforementioned Molina rules, and then you add on top if he's DH'ing most likely he's just sitting on his ass ala David Ortiz between innings...so the running injury risk goes up by another 24.76%.

I think you see where we are going here folks...the only way to ensure Mike Trout doesn't get hurt and ruin the Halo chances for this year, is preemptively put him on the DL so he doesn't get hurt. 

Make it happen Eppler...save the season.

I think it's pretty clear that the most important job for Halo brass is to make sure Mike Trout is healthy. Without a healthy Trout...this team is going nowhere.

There are some obvious things that can be done...Red light...no stealing. And I would go a step further, we implement a Bengie Molina rule for Trout. No trying to stretch singles in to doubles or doubles in to triples...no beating out infield grounds. If Bengie Molina can't do it...Trout shouldn't be doing it.

The proposal to move him to LF is a good start...CF is just to dangerous. But really, is LF any safer? Who knows if Simmons has a loud voice when going back on a pop up...those foul line walls are pretty hard. I was thinking maybe 1b...but that comes with dangers as well (see Mo Vaughn).

So, I think it's pretty clear that the safest defensive position for Trout would be DH. But then you have that pesky hit by pitch thing...and let's really think about it. Baserunning is dangerous, even with the aforementioned Molina rules, and then you add on top if he's DH'ing most likely he's just sitting on his ass ala David Ortiz between innings...so the running injury risk goes up by another 24.76%.

I think you see where we are going here folks...the only way to ensure Mike Trout doesn't get hurt and ruin the Halo chances for this year, is preemptively put him on the DL so he doesn't get hurt. 

Bravo!  So eloquent!  And so comprehensible!

The best solution for not having to worry about a Trout injury is to trade him.  

He should be become the full time DH and be pinch ran for late in the game. The best way to insure the best players remains injury free is not to use him at all.

HA HA HA Crazy

I laughed =)

Is a weapon really a weapon if it is never used to it's full extinct?

Yes I am

-Trident Submarine

Point made let me make this more specific. Can a player be used to his full extent if he only uses 3 or 4 of his 5 tools? Trout has the potential to be one of the all time greats, but he needs to use all off his gifts to achieve it. IMO

The purpose of the Trident submarine and all of the nuclear arsenal is to be a deterrent to all out war, with the hope to never be used in anger. To that purpose they are being used to their full extent, at least so far. When the time comes, God forbid, they are used they will become a failure to prevent and all at war.

Edited by Ace_Richards