• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

Of course people should be kind to other people regardless of who they are. Most trans people can’t help the way they feel but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t help them. A lot of people have anxiety, depression and other mental health issues that we can’t always control on our own. We want these people to get help so they can function well so why don’t we do this for the trans community? Just allowing them to live that life when there are underlying issues then we are doing them a disservice. That right there is cruel. 

There is a trans poster on AngelsWin. I don't think they would enjoy hearing you say their gender identity is akin to mental illness.

Honestly, as a dad with a daughter it would be very difficult and confusing if she one day told us she's questioning her gender identity. But if that were to happen, what should I do? Quote out-of-context Bible verses at her? Tell her she needs therapy? Or tell her I love her and accept her and will help her navigate her feelings and experiences? 

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You should accept as a person as they are and let them determine if they need help on their own.  Seriously, have you ever had a conversation with a trans person.  Like a normal conversation ? You’d be incorrect to assume that they’re just mentally ill.  

I have and they all had some serious issues

Just now, Taylor said:

There is a trans poster on AngelsWin. I don't think they would enjoy hearing you say their gender identity is akin to mental illness.

Honestly, as a dad with a daughter it would be very difficult and confusing if she one day told us she's questioning her gender identity. But if that were to happen, what should I do? Quote out-of-context Bible verses at her? Tell her she needs therapy? Or tell her I love her and accept her and will help her navigate her feelings and experiences? 

Getting them help doesn’t mean you don’t love and accept them 

I think if you were serious about examining the outcomes with people who have gender dysphoria issues you’d find that the people who are able to have their transitions with support have much better outcomes than the people who have opposing interventions.  

And I’m not really interested in ridiculous hyperbolic examples about a 10 year old getting hormone treatments.  That of course doesn’t make sense.  But if we’re talking about a young adult that’s consulted with a psychologist and a medical professional and the consensus is that a transition is appropriate then that is almost certainly the appropriate track for that person.  And also nearly certainly the preferable outcome. 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think you should just worry about yourself.  I am confident that you are such a wonderful father and influence on your children that you need not fear the homosexuals influencing your offspring. 

I drank and gambled 3 of my best years away. Dad didn’t really know what to do so he basically kicked me out. While I may disagree with some things he said and did during my rebellious years he wasn’t that problem. He at least took a stand and forced me to change my sinful ways. I’m thankful he had the courage and wisdom not to coddle me and tolerate my behavior. That’s really all these transgender kids need is some tough love and leadership. Not every kid can be salvaged but giving in isn’t going to save any of them 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think if you were serious about examining the outcomes with people who have gender dysphoria issues you’d find that the people who are able to have their transitions with support have much better outcomes than the people who have opposing interventions.  

And I’m not really interested in ridiculous hyperbolic examples about a 10 year old getting hormone treatments.  That of course doesn’t make sense.  But if we’re talking about a young adult that’s consulted with a psychologist and a medical professional and the consensus is that a transition is appropriate then that is almost certainly the appropriate track for that person.  And also nearly certainly the preferable outcome. 

That stuff is happening and we’re told we need to accept that or we are a transphobe. If you are an adult male and you want live like a woman then go ahead

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

There are very few instances where caving to immoral perverted behavior has a positive outcome. All this trans virtue signaling does is deliver heroine to an addict. They need someone they respect to step in and let them know how bad they’re screwing up

Just now, Jason said:

That stuff is happening and we’re told we need to accept that or we are a transphobe. If you are an adult male and you want live like a woman then go ahead

I’m not really in a position to debate the veracity of this with you.  I’ll say that I am extremely skeptical of this being an issue in a serious way.  That said.  I would think that doctors doing this should be subject to serious scrutiny. 

4 hours ago, Kotchman said:

There are very few instances where caving to immoral perverted behavior has a positive outcome. All this trans virtue signaling does is deliver heroine to an addict. They need someone they respect to step in and let them know how bad they’re screwing up

Oh shut up.  You don’t have any standing to dictate morals.  And your dumb beliefs don’t mean jack shit to anyone other than you. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The king didn’t comment on gays or transsexuals. 

I guess if you ignore his 10 commandments and another 2 dozen versus concerning sexuality and gender specific responsibilities you can say he didn’t. The Lord calls very few things abominations

1 hour ago, Kotchman said:

I guess if you ignore his 10 commandments and another 2 dozen versus concerning sexuality and gender specific responsibilities you can say he didn’t. The Lord calls very few things abominations

Nothing in the 10 commandments about it either.  Presumably you’re talking about sodom and gamorrah.  Which is a pretty dense topic.  You can draw the conclusion you have to be sure.   But it’s not the only conclusion to be had.   If you must tho, why is it just that particular one that you think needs to be literally applied today.  And not say, sanction to kill if someone breaks the sabbath.  Which is also in the Bible. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

10 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Nothing in the 10 commandments about it either.  Presumably you’re talking about sodom and gamorrah.  Which is a pretty dense topic.  You can draw the conclusion you have to be sure.   But it’s not the only one.   If you must tho, why is it just that particular one that you think needs to be literally applied today.  And not say, sanction to kill if someone breaks the sabbath.  Which is also in the Bible. 

New and Old Testament on gays and men being men. God never said to kill anyone for working on the sabbath. It was part of the Jewish perversion that Jesus addressed. 

2 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Yes it does and I was wrong there. Where the Jews had distorted it was there was no work allowed even if your neighbors house was burning down 

Ya you’re insanely wrong about all kinds of shit presumably if it took me 5 seconds to dismantle your dumb ass argument here.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

7 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Yet you skipped right over all the versus on gays and transgender and chose to argue the sabbath. 

Can you fucking read ? I asked you why you take the stuff on gays literally but ignore the stuff about killing people who break the sabbath.  Your response was “no the Bible doesn’t say that” Wrong.