• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Article from 1989 that could be written today

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-11-04/news/li-422_1_rival-gang-member/3

There is no one single reason why some people are poor. The people raised in appalachia vs people in detroit vs people in san bernardino, etc. But this article highlights a huge cause of it. Its not "the system" as much as too many repeating rhe cycle of not trying to be part of it.

Conservatives tend to place the blame of poverty on the poor. Liberal tend to place the blame on society or the rich. The truth, in my opinion, is far more complex than either - but includes both. But simplistic answers like "Its their own damn fault" or "its the 1%" aren't adequate to the task of really solving the problem of poverty. We need to include both, in my opinion.

I don't think anyone has a problem with giving a helping hand to those who really need it or to those who are willing to participate and put some effort into helping themselves.

there is a huge gap between that and what is happening now. Instead of focusing on that, Bernie is talking about adding more.