• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Selling Angels Baseball Card Set

Brandon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So I have a bunch of baseball cards that I want to get rid of.  And basketball cards.  

I talked to one of my fellow posters at an angelswin softball game one time, and I was supposed to bring my Cal Ripken rookies for him to look at/grade.

I forgot my cards that day, and I forget which poster it was (I must have alzheimers).

Anybody interested in some decent cards?  Anybody interested in having cards?

I have a lot of 86-90 topps/donruss/fleer that I will give away if someone would like them.  My kids aren't interested.  My attic space is valuable.

I want to give away the lower value cards, and me pointed in the right direction for some decent value cards.

Let me know.

On 5/26/2017 at 11:32 AM, yk9001 said:

So I have a bunch of baseball cards that I want to get rid of.  And basketball cards.  

I talked to one of my fellow posters at an angelswin softball game one time, and I was supposed to bring my Cal Ripken rookies for him to look at/grade.

I forgot my cards that day, and I forget which poster it was (I must have alzheimers).

Anybody interested in some decent cards?  Anybody interested in having cards?

I have a lot of 86-90 topps/donruss/fleer that I will give away if someone would like them.  My kids aren't interested.  My attic space is valuable.

I want to give away the lower value cards, and me pointed in the right direction for some decent value cards.

Let me know.

let me know how this goes with selling.

i have a shitload of rubbermaid tubs from early to mid 90's cards. mainly basketball, football, college football, and hockey. i ran into some dude at a bar recently that was a trader, owned some collection shop, or was involved in those card fair type of things. he basically said the way people buy cards now is different and you have to authenticate or have them graded which sounded like a fuckload of work, time, and money. he basically said everything i had was worthless and not worth the effort to sell.

i really just want to get rid of them all and was thinking of putting them on craigslist for a couple hundred or whatever. might even just give them away to get rid of them, but think i will have some regret with what's in those tubs value wise.

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

let me know how this goes with selling.

i have a shitload of rubbermaid tubs from early to mid 90's cards. mainly basketball, football, college football, and hockey. i ran into some dude at a bar recently that was a trader, owned some collection shop, or was involved in those card fair type of things. he basically said the way people buy cards now is different and you have to authenticate or have them graded which sounded like a fuckload of work, time, and money. he basically said everything i had was worthless and not worth the effort to sell.

i really just want to get rid of them all and was thinking of putting them on craigslist for a couple hundred or whatever. might even just give them away to get rid of them, but think i will have some regret with what's in those tubs value wise.

My two cents... get whatever you can.

My offer still stands - I will give away the fleers and topps and donruss commons to anybody here who will give a good home to them.

Brandon, I made my first sale this week on ebay.  Complete set of 1989 upper deck, I have had it unopened for 27 years.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112414910283?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

I bought it for $100, i can remember it like it was yesterday. Sold it for $33.  It is what it is.

I have a bid on a fleer Jordan second year, at $95, and the auction ends this weekend.

I have given up trying to get top dollar for anything I have of value.  I am going to undercut the shit out of anybody on ebay.

3 hours ago, yk9001 said:

My two cents... get whatever you can.

My offer still stands - I will give away the fleers and topps and donruss commons to anybody here who will give a good home to them.

Brandon, I made my first sale this week on ebay.  Complete set of 1989 upper deck, I have had it unopened for 27 years.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112414910283?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

I bought it for $100, i can remember it like it was yesterday. Sold it for $33.  It is what it is.

I have a bid on a fleer Jordan second year, at $95, and the auction ends this weekend.

I have given up trying to get top dollar for anything I have of value.  I am going to undercut the shit out of anybody on ebay.

crazy, i would have thought the unopened set would fetch some good coin.

i think i'm just going to list everything for like $100 and say come pick it all up. i don't want to sort or even open anything.

most of these cards aren't even my doing. i would grab packs here and there as a kid and my family caught on and somehow got super into it and started buying box after box of cards. ruined it for me. it's funny because back then with the card market they were talking like college money would come out of these things.

50 minutes ago, Brandon said:

talking like college money would come out of these things.

Haha... get this:

In 1989, I am 24 years old, a year away from meeting my girlfriend/now wife, who had original season seats for the Angels.  I grew up in maryland and was an oriole fan.  I knew Cal Ripken was 5+ years into never missing a game, and I am going to pay for my future kids' college fund with Cal Ripken rookie cards.  I bought 30+ of them, at every show I would visit.

Fast forward to now - they list for approx $20 - that is the buying price - god knows what you can get if you actually sell one.

The most valuable ripken is the Topps traded, I have just one of those...Just sunday, when I was listing these, I want to take the pic with the best possible light (sunlight), i go to my backyard, and my hand with the ripken card hits the wall, the card falls out, and my Ripken Traded now has a flaw in two corners.  Imperceptible with a quick glance, but fatal with a closer look.  Instead of listing for $120, I list for $20.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112422926387?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

a $100 drop.

damn.

i'm actually curious as to when the card market took a shit. when i was a kid i was always looking at my cards in beckett to see the going rates. i remember people were getting tons for certain cards or if someone achieved a great feat or was going to retire those cards would sell over market.

13 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You should have left it in your attic. 

I'm an anti-hoarder.  It wasn't doing anything in my attic.  I don't have any emotional attachment to these cards.  I can let them go.

I have made $130.  I am going to take $130 directly to HG and play a little poker.  I will make more, I have more semi valuable cards to sell..

I have a couple of crates of Sports Illustrateds from the 80s and 90s.  I first got a subscription as a sophomore in high school.  I am not giving these up.  I have an emotional attachment.

we had a garage sale on Saturday, and I put a post on craigslist friday about my cards.

The basketball cards sold - 1987 fleer complete set, 1988 fleer complete set, 1978 and 1979 topps complete sets, and some 1987 fleer commons.

One guy bought all that, and three cal ripken rookies, for $450.  He probably got a real good deal, but I got some cash.  Sold some various other random stuff.