• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vlad Talks HOF Cap Decision

ABC

My friends, what do you think about this cap?. I love @Montreal_Expos and @Angels's fans both!!!

CYD3TCWWcAEvrt8.jpg

Apparently, I will be exalted in Cooperstown wearing a cap that has half the Expos and half of the Angels...lol!!!

Dn6TWQLl_bigger.jpg

32 retweets96 likes

I hope to be elected to Cooperstown's Hall of Fame the next year and to join with @JuanMarichal27 and @45PedroMartinez.

77 retweets151 likes

Alden Gonzalez Retweeted Vladimir Guerrero

There you go, Angels fans. There's still hope.

Alden Gonzalez added,

Vladimir Guerrero @VladGuerrero27

More

Alden Gonzalez Retweeted Vladimir Guerrero

Has previously stated, to @hgomez27, that he'd go into the Hall of Fame with an Expos cap.

Alden Gonzalez added,

Vladimir Guerrero @VladGuerrero27
I hope to be elected to Cooperstown's Hall of Fame the next year and to join with @JuanMarichal27 and @45PedroMartinez.

More
Edited by CF8

It's actually a pretty tough call but I think it'll be the Expos in the end. He broke through in that org and had more great individual seasons with them than he did with the Halos. He had more exposure/team success with the Angels and did win his only MVP award with them, so that certainly helps their chances

Haha oh man. The Angels absolutely always get shafted.

Oh yeah man, any chance MLB gets to give us the screw job, we get it.

At this point it's just part of being an Angel fan. We know it's coming, even before it's mentioned on these threads.

To be honest you kinda get numb/used to it after a decade or two...

One half of the cap looks like the old cap of the Jacksonville Expos of the Southern League. While the team was affiliated with Montreal, someone decided that lopping off the blue portion of the Expos' logo made it look vaguely like a J.

01Jacksonville1.jpg

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Should be Halos if inducted, since he had similar success (except SBs) with both the Expos and Halos, but won an MVP as a Halo and took part in FIVE post-seasons with the Halos.

However, he fell just short of 2,600 hits and fell just short of 450 HRs, and had a 140 OPS+ which is only tied for 75th all time. 

It's not a slam dunk that he gets in.   Unfortunately, his numbers after age 34 fell off a cliff.   That may well deny him HOF admission.