• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Not My Abuela

I never ate the tamales my illegal would bring me at this time of year. What if they were a roofie and she raped me and stole everything?

I think we can all agree that this is not going to happen to you.  If you need reassurance, please take a look in the mirror........but we still love you man.

I'm conflicted because Hispanics are a huge part of our society and especially as SoCal folks we understand that and I'm sure all us SoCal white folks have included Latino things into our daily lives. We eat mexican food regularly, we eat tamales during the holidays, we have many Hispanic friends.

Obviously she is pandering to some extent, but so what? She's trying to be accepting of Latino culture. That's bad? That's offensive?

If I post on twittergrambook that I'm having Christmas tamales and Feliz navidad, as a white person I'm a racist even if I love fûcking tamales and I'm wishing merry Christmas to everyone just in Spanish? Is that not ridiculously stupid?

Would those college Latinas that got their chones in a bunch prefer that she said, "**** you Mexicans, eat ham on Christmas and stop getting drunk in parks on Sunday afternoons."?

Sometimes you just can't win.

It's condescending.  So yes, it is bad and offensive.  We don't need you to be "accepting" of our culture by throwing around Spanish words here and there.  If you like Mexican food, fine.  Say you like Mexican food, just don't be a patronizing douche about it.

Condescending: having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority.

When a rich white lady who is probably the favorite to be the next US President at this point goes around saying. "I'm just like your little old abuela in Mexico."  Yes, that is showing patronizing superiority.  Regardless of intent of being disrespectful or not.  It has nothing to do with being insecure with my culture, although I'd be the first to admit my culture has major problems.

BTW, I never said I was personally offended with what Clinton did.  I found the #notmyabuela stuff funny.  When I saw this thread late last night I wasn't planning to make a comment.  I only came in here after I saw your post.  YOUR post was condescending.

It's condescending.  So yes, it is bad and offensive.  We don't need you to be "accepting" of our culture by throwing around Spanish words here and there.  If you like Mexican food, fine.  Say you like Mexican food, just don't be a patronizing douche about it.

Truthfully, this is my main problem with the NBA's annual "tribute" to Hispanics, tacking "El" or "Los" onto every team name for that one day. It's ridiculous.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan