• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you trade

wopphil

No I wouldn't personally even consider that trade. We'd essentially be selling low on both of those pitchers and buying high on Frazier. Additionally we'd be exchanging 10 years of control for 2 years of Frazier.... not a good trade-off.

The Angels need to be preferably adding years of control rather than taking away at this point especially after the Simmons trade.

Completely agree. 

I'd to that trade for Longoria.

I don't agree that Newcomb is an overpay so I obviously don't think he is a massive overpay. WAR is WAR, so if you win games on defense then you still win games. You got a GREAT defensive short stop under contract for the next five years in his prime. To me Newcomb straight up would have been a very even trade, if not a overpay from Atlanta's perspective. Newcomb is still a prospect and power arms probably flame out more than any other type of prospect.

Newcomb isn't going to get you a MOTO bat or stud frontline starter. 

Scouts question whether his command issues in the minors will translate to success as a starter in the big leagues. 

What's all this BS about him alone being enough to get Simmons?  Do people actually believe such drivel?

What's all this BS about him alone being enough to get Simmons?  Do people actually believe such drivel?

I said frontline starter or MOTO, not Andrelton Simmons. 

While we may have been able to get Simmons for just Newcomb, Aybar and Ellis will not bring you much back in return other than some low-A ball prospects. 

You have a low perception on Simmons. A lot of that comes from the know it alls around here.

I ready to move on and buy my Simmons jersey.

I have a low perception of Simmons? Have you read a single thing I have said about him? Or are you doing your thing and talking out of your ass again? I understood the trade and defended it from the beginning, that doesn't mean I can't get more information, from much more credible sources and change my opinion of whether or not it is an overpay on the Angels part. I still am happy my team has Simmons, we just could have had him for less.

Have you read any other reactions than just Angelswin?  Braves fan are calling it an underpay.  Sports writers say the Braves should have gotten more.  Simmons has had a better career up to this point than Ozzie Smith.  All this overpay and Newcomb alone would have gotten him are drowned out by the opposite from pretty much everywhere else.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/11/reactions-to-and-effects-of-the-andrelton-simmons-trade.html

Edited by beatlesrule