• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good work, NRA

You are indeed correct put you are comparing "gun control" with drunk drivers. Not can a gun kill you. Ironically since I live in Texas you know how many of these Obama ain't taking my guns yahoos drive down the road ****ed up with all their guns with them?  The don't control my guns folks are some of the most drunken people you can put on the road. 

A gun is designed for one thing - killing.

A car is designed for transportation and is integral to the economy and infrastructure of our country and the world.  The whole cars = guns argument is so flawed it is ridiculous.

There are also checkpoints, police patrols, etc doing nothing but looking for drunk drivers.  You have to pass an exam in order to be allowed to drive and you can have your right to drive taken away from you.  If you have mental health issues you are not allowed to have a drivers license.

Meanwhile the gun lobby and our congressmen are against requiring these kinds of measures for gun owners.

So how about this. Every car is equipped with sensors that can detect your blood alcohol level via the fumes coming from your breath. If you're above the legal limit, the car won't start. Like that hot chick in 40-Year Old Virgin.

Or do you have another solution, mt?

I actually don't think that should be done.

My real point is that freedom has a cost.  We want to eat fast food and soda, there is a cost.  You want to smoke, there is a cost.  You want to drink, there is a cost.

It is part of living in a country that puts a priority on individual freedoms.

Yes, I agree. The question, though, is how to protect those freedoms - to what degree and what kinds of regulations are necessary, and so on. In other words, can we minimize those costs by judicial regulations?

Perhaps, I think most folks are ok with a small amount of regulations.  Just like the gun poll shows.

I would always err on the side of protecting individual freedoms though so the regulations should not infringe on those rights

Two time Olympic God Medalist, Vincent Hancock.  

Here's a picture of him killing.  At least, I'm assuming he's killing.  Since that's the only thing guns are designed to do.

Vincent-Hancock-courtesy-espn.go_.com_.j

Think if you asked that guy if he would give up his hobby in order to save hundreds of thousands of lives he would say no?

So how about this. Every car is equipped with sensors that can detect your blood alcohol level via the fumes coming from your breath. If you're above the legal limit, the car won't start. Like that hot chick in 40-Year Old Virgin.

Or do you have another solution, mt?

i like this option if you have even one drunk driving conviction on your record.

the conundrum is that i don't want everyone to get that first drunk driving conviction. it's like getting one more chance, free. in the meantime, that first time you drive impaired you can kill someone as easily as the ninth time you drive impaired, or the second, or the twelfth. is there a way to prevent people from driving under the influence without restricting any of their rights? if there, let's pursue it.

You can only be so proactive and still call yourself a free society. If I was to choose one thing to regulate and license it would be the right to procreate and further infest the world with moron spawn.

But there are so many people who want to ensure that the world is infested with moron spawn.

They call themselves "pro-life".

OK, you guys win.  Guns are wonderful instruments where gunpowder meets modern mechanization in a spectacular array of delight. Controlling them would take away the essence of humanity and/or your man jewels. We will all feel closer to our creator if we became NRA members and every household should be gainful and multiply the amount of firearms they have. 

Never again will I question the majestic beauty of owning guns when there are more things that can kill you.  I hereby pledge myself to the NRA and being able to use my Wal-Mart gift card at the gun counter.  God bless America.

I had a funny conversation with one of those multiple AK owners who never drinks and drives.  With chaw spittle running down his chin he was surprised when I told him guns were first used by the Chi-knee and A-rabs. Were not he said, guns were invented in Murica. 

Two time Olympic God Medalist, Vincent Hancock.  

Here's a picture of him killing.  At least, I'm assuming he's killing.  Since that's the only thing guns are designed to do.

Vincent-Hancock-courtesy-espn.go_.com_.j

People sword fight for fun.  That doesn't mean that they aren't playing with a deadly weapon.

Also, I had no idea god gave out medals.

Edited by nate