• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels have been linked to Chris Davis per Heyman

Chuck

Heyward, like Simmons, is entering his age 26 season and is an elite defender with room to grow on offense. Given the Simmons trade, seems like the exact profile of a guy Eppler might go after. Gordon is another legitimate option IMO with high OBP/very good defense.

I think we target the middle tier of SP. Given the apparent focus on defense, Leake makes a whole lot of sense since he pitches to contact and induces a ton of ground balls. 

Also, I think Prado and Plouffe at legitimate trade targets at 3b. Prado, in particular, seems to grade out pretty well defensively.

I'm going with Gordon, Leake, Soria, and a trade for Prado/Plouffe.

Screw it, go on a win now spending orgy. Go get Davis, Heyward, Cueto, Zimmerman, O'Day, and trade for Plouffe. Might as well throw Dodger-type money around to see if we can do better.

The obligatory "It's not my money" caveat applies.

Edited by Mark68

Screw it, go on a win now spending orgy. Go get Davis, Heyward, Cueto, Zimmerman, O'Day, and trade for Plouffe. Might as well throw Dodger-type money around to see if we can do better.

The obligatory "It's not my money" caveat applies.

They could go Davis, Heyward (each around $25m) one of Bastardo/Sipp/Madson/Soria/O'Day ($5m) and it'd be just as effective - if we have $26m before cap, we' would go over by one player or so.

You'd presume that there'd be a trade or two as well to bring in another IFer.

Both Heyward and Davis, and trade Cron and one of Santiago or Shoe for bullpen help and a 2B or 3B.

Roll with the pitching we have, maybe add one BP piece.

Davis was so far from my first choice at the start of the offseason, but he's starting to make some sense.

He'd be long-term Pujols insurance in the event he continues to break down each year - we rely on Albert as such an important piece of the line-up, and to constantly be under threat of him breaking down with no back-up would be eased with Davis in the fold. 

I say this as someone who likes Cron and thinks he is a good player, but Davis would provide more power, slightly better defense, the ability to spot folks in COF here or there, and is left handed. 

Add another OBP guy in Heyward (Simmons' wasn't that bad, .321 last year which would have been third on this team I think!) and yet another in a trade for 2B or 3B and you'd have enough power with Calhoun, Trout, Davis, and Pujols to drive some folks in.

Who's available out there at 2B or 3B that's young, posses good on-base skills, and is at least a solid defender?

Edited by totdprods

Heyward

Zobrist

Trout

Davis

Pujols

Calhoun

Plouffe

Simmons

Perez

Rotation

Price

Zimmermann

Richards

Heaney

Weaver/Skaggs

Bullpen

Street

Smith

O'Day

Gott

Sipp(gotta have the lefty in the pen!)

Shoe

120 win season, sweep through playoffs. Sosh best manager of all-time

Edit: Forgot to mention

Trade Cron and CJ Wilson for stud prospects. Farm system restocked. Angels dynasty confirmed

Edited by bloodbrother

On the MLB radio station (I missed a portion of it), but Alden Gonzalez thinks we will be in line for a front of the rotation guy...like Price

I could see us signing one more position player, adding a FA pitcher and trading to fill the other hole.  Something tells me we run with Cowart or Kubitza at 3B

I don't know how good defensively he is, but...Davis can play the OF.

On the MLB radio station (I missed a portion of it), but Alden Gonzalez thinks we will be in line for a front of the rotation guy...like Price

I could see us signing one more position player, adding a FA pitcher and trading to fill the other hole. Something tells me we run with Cowart or Kubitza at 3B

in all honesty, if we get a frontline starter, and a bonafide mr badass to play LF, im ok with 3B as it is. Roll the dice and hope kubitza figures it out, cowart at worst is johnny mac

I could see us signing one more position player, adding a FA pitcher and trading to fill the other hole.  Something tells me we run with Cowart or Kubitza at 3B

I'm not sure how well, and I don't really want to find out.