• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Utah judge removes lesbian couple's foster child, saying she'll be better off with heterosexuals

Just because I disagree with him doesn't mean I don't want to hear what he has to say.

So anyway...how about a liberal judge taking a baby away from a Christian couple just because they're Christian?

If in the judge's ruling he gave "Christians" as the only or primary reason for removing the child from foster care then that judge would have some explaining to do.  Same as the judge in this case.

But I would be willing to listen.

He's actually the textbook definition of a bigot and he using his authority to enforce his bigotry.

What if a liberal judge took a kid away from a Christian couple simply because they were Christians?

The answer is this: 

Any time a judge makes a decision, he has to have certain criteria. He has to judge things based on values. It can't just be food and shelter because men don't live by bread alone. You wouldn't object to a judge taking a kid away from a Nazi family, would you? You wouldn't say, "Well, as long as he's fed." 

The question is what standards we're going to use. 

The answer is this:

Any time a judge makes a decision, he has to have certain criteria. He has to judge things based on values. It can't just be food and shelter because men don't live by bread alone. You wouldn't object to a judge taking a kid away from a Nazi family, would you? You wouldn't say, "Well, as long as he's fed."

Can we return to reality?

The answer is this: 

That was a lot of words to not answer the question in any way.

Just because I disagree with him doesn't mean I don't want to hear what he has to say.

So anyway...how about a liberal judge taking a baby away from a Christian couple just because they're Christian?

Depends, are they drug addicts, have no means of support, a list of child endangerment charges or just live in Mission Viejo?

The answer is this:

I think your transparent trolling is pretty amusing usually, but now you're just being an asshole. Stop being an asshole.

Ah, that familiar argument style. Simple question: Would you deny a loving couple of Nazis a foster child? If so, you're using values. In this case, you have an antipathy towards Nazis. 

No, I am using not allowing a child to live with someone whose ethos is systematic elimination of a race.

No. Not acceptable. There are cases in England where kids were taken away because the parents taught traditional beliefs on homosexuality? What think you?

Traditional beliefs on homosexuality?  You mean like, there is nothing wrong with it?  The example I used about being kosher is the same you are using.  To orthodox Jews eating non kosher foods is a sin.

I definitely wouldn't care if a promiscuous woman adopted a child as long as she provided for and took care of that child.

The standard for foster parents should be whether they provide a stable, nurturing, safe home where the kid's well-being is a top priority. Until we get to the point where we have an excess of foster parents who meet this description, we shouldn't be using sexuality as a criteria for determining fitness to be a foster parent.