• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Utah judge removes lesbian couple's foster child, saying she'll be better off with heterosexuals

The standard for foster parents should be whether they provide a stable, nurturing, safe home where the kid's well-being is a top priority. Until we get to the point where we have an excess of foster parents who meet this description, we shouldn't be using sexuality as a criteria for determining fitness to be a foster parent.

So, then you disagree with these judges:

There is no place in British law for Christian beliefs, despite this country’s long history of religious observance and the traditions of the established Church, two High Court judges said on Monday.

Lord Justice Munby and Mr Justice Beatson made the remarks when ruling on the case of a Christian couple who were told that they could not be foster carers because of their view that homosexuality is wrong.

The judges underlined that, in the case of fostering arrangements at least, the right of homosexuals to equality “should take precedence” over the right of Christians to manifest their beliefs and moral values.

In a ruling with potentially wide-ranging implications, the judges said Britain was a “largely secular”, multi-cultural country in which the laws of the realm “do not include Christianity”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/8353496/Foster-parent-ban-no-place-in-the-law-for-Christianity-High-Court-rules.html

There is no place in British law for Christian beliefs, despite this country’s long history of religious observance and the traditions of the established Church, two High Court judges said on Monday.

Lord Justice Munby and Mr Justice Beatson made the remarks when ruling on the case of a Christian couple who were told that they could not be foster carers because of their view that homosexuality is wrong.

The judges underlined that, in the case of fostering arrangements at least, the right of homosexuals to equality “should take precedence” over the right of Christians to manifest their beliefs and moral values.

In a ruling with potentially wide-ranging implications, the judges said Britain was a “largely secular”, multi-cultural country in which the laws of the realm “do not include Christianity”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/8353496/Foster-parent-ban-no-place-in-the-law-for-Christianity-High-Court-rules.html

You had to go across the pond to find an example to bolster your point?

Hint: nobody cares about those ponces.

You had to go across the pond to find an example to bolster your point?

Hint: nobody cares about those ponces.

Yes, I did. So what? Do you agree that a parent's philosophy should be considered? Are there some beliefs that disqualify one from being given the responsibility to raise children (this is the purpose of the Nazi example and the one above)?

If you do think so, then we're just arguing if homosexuality should be a consideration or not. I think a male and female joined in marriage is the best example and the best for the kids partly because it most closely approximates the situation in which children are conceived in the first place. 

Yes, I did. So what? Do you agree that a parent's philosophy should be considered? Are there some beliefs that disqualify one from being given the responsibility to raise children (this is the purpose of the Nazi example and the one above)?

If you do think so, then we're just arguing if homosexuality should be a consideration or not. I think a male and female joined in marriage is the best example and the best for the kids partly because it most closely approximates the situation in which children are conceived in the first place. 

Are you saying homosexuality is a philosophy or a belief?  And as always, nice Godwin.  ****'s sake, man.  You can't stay in any thread for more than a few posts without bringing up Nazis or Marxists.  

Are you saying homosexuality is a philosophy or a belief?  And as always, nice Godwin.  ****'s sake, man.  You can't stay in any thread for more than a few posts without bringing up Nazis or Marxists.  

The idea that a homosexual caretaker or caretakers are as good for children as an opposite-sex couple is a belief based on a certain view of humanity. I'm just saying that any decision the state makes on these cases doesn't just have to do with food and shelter. What if it's two swinging strippers who love and care for the children? There are many examples I could use. 

The idea that a homosexual caretaker or caretakers are as good for children as an opposite-sex couple is a belief based on a certain view of humanity. I'm just saying that any decision the state makes on these cases doesn't just have to do with food and shelter. What if it's two swinging strippers who love and care for the children? There are many examples I could use.

Keep the strippers from having children!

Well, at least you didn't say two Marxists, although the strippers were probably leaning that way. Most strippers are obviously Marxist.

But that isn't what happened here Juan. These people aren't strippers or sexual deviants. They are no more likely to have orgies in their living room than a heterosexual couple.

A person's sexuality has no bearing on their fitness as a parent, IMO. And if your sexual preference is something you are born with (as I believe), gay parents are no more likely to raise gay children than are hetero parents.

Edited by wopphil

I believe religion should have no place in law. It should never be the basis of an argument for a legal position, and it should almost never be used as a basis for preferential treatment (e.g., religious exemptions for vaccinations).