• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Jeep Renegade

NJHalo

I have a 2008 Wrangler and love it, but you have to be prepared for a less than smooth ride and not so great gas mileage. I have the 4 door and there is plenty of room for me, my wife, 2 kids, Australian Shepherd and caning gear. My jeep is pretty heavily modified and haven't had any real issues with the engine or drive train. I just replaced my clutch after 120,000 miles of city, freeway and trail driving.

I have friends with the new renegade. It's daily driver when they aren't in their Wranglers. They really like it. I will look for the write up they did on it when I get home.

Btw, the new wrangler is slated for 2017 model year, so there is that to look forward to.

Yep. Good for about 60k miles before they start falling apart. The only vehicles more cheaply made are Chevys

Agree. You don't buy Chryslers, only lease. I know they have owned Jeep for a while now, so I wonder where the line is between the two? Same bad rep? IS the Fiat purchase of Chrysler a good thing or bad for overall quality

Yep. Good for about 60k miles before they start falling apart. The only vehicles more cheaply made are Chevys

I have over 120,000 miles on my Wrangler and the only things I've had replaced are tires, breaks, battery and just now the clutch. It's pretty heavily modified and i drive the crap out of it.

My wife has a 2008 Jeep Patriot with even more miles and the only issue she has had was with the AC.

I have lots of friends with 2007-15 jeeps that have also not had any issues.

I will have no problem buying a new wrangler when this one is done, which isn't happening anytime soon.

Edited by Sully151

You are an anomaly then.

A close family friend owns a repair shop that focuses on newer American cars and he always says that Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge are the worst.  The Grand Cherokee is famous for falling apart.

Also if you look at consumer reports you will see that Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge have absolutely terrible reliability ratings.

You are an anomaly then.

A close family friend owns a repair shop that focuses on newer American cars and he always says that Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge are the worst. The Grand Cherokee is famous for falling apart.

Also if you look at consumer reports you will see that Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge have absolutely terrible reliability ratings.

Consumer Reports has been ripping jeeps ever since a guy in a CJ banged the editor's sister in hight school.

A few years ago I bought my son a used Jeep Grand Cherokee, it was fine for him, no issues. He was involved in an accident on the 10 freeway one night. The freeway was going down to one lane and traffic was slowing down and merging. Apparently the 22 year old girl driving drunk behind him was paying attention and plowed into his car pushing him into the car in front of him. Sadly a girl in the car that hit him passed away, not the drunk driver, but my son and his three friends walked away unscathed. Not a single scratch while in a car that had to be totaled. For that I will always be thankful I bought him a JGC. This year I bought my 16 year old an older F150, for the same reason. Their safety is worth the occasional trip to the shop.