• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Howie Kendrick

We have to come up with a nickname for Giavotella...Took me a long time just to learn Scioscia, and I'm not gonna type his full name for the next few years.

Because he has earned another season at least as the starting 2B...imo of course.

I have a feeling after next year, people will look back and laugh at how many people were ready to write him off during and even after the 2015 season.

I'd rather have Giavotella and save the $$$ to be spent elsewhere over HK.

He is not talking about replacing Giavotella but Freese with Kendrick. Somewhat of a disasterous plan in the making by commiting big money to put a career 2nd baseman across the diamond with a longer throw.

Freese won't be an Angel next season so there is no comp to make there. Tge real question is moving an established player that has his salary based on that performance and over paying for on the job training of a guy on the other side of 30.

Personally I would like to see tge Cowart/Kubitza combo an use the salary to get Heyward for left field.

I was only impressed with Cowart's defense this season.  At the plate both Cowart and Kubitza look years away from being able to contribute--if at all.  I don't think the Dodgers are going to resign HK, I don't think he wants to move, I don't think Mike was happy he was traded, and I don't think he will cost that much.

Johnny G. will be the starting second baseman next season. We need to give Kowart/Kubitza a shot at third base. I'm sorry, but I just don't see Kendrick playing for the angels next season. Too many other areas that need those financial resources.

Go Halos!!!

Unfortunately they will learn little to nothing of how to hit in the PCL. It is like Coors Field that encourages over swinging and getting home runs off what will not hit the warning track in Anaheim. Freese was a defensive black hole when he could be on the field. Shore up the defense at that position and the run supression will balance out the at bats. I still have faith Cowart will find himself at worst league average at the plate.

Johnny G. will be the starting second baseman next season. We need to give Kowart/Kubitza a shot at third base. I'm sorry, but I just don't see Kendrick playing for the angels next season. Too many other areas that need those financial resources.

Go Halos!!!

Johnny G had some last week heroics, but his defensive miscues all season long basically makes this a position where they COULD upgrade. As a platoon partner, it makes some sense to keep him there. But Kendrick is an upgrade and one that won't likely get a qualifying offer.

Ben Zobrist also makes some sense as he can play 2nd and 3rd and short and center and right and first and DH. Hell he could even catch most likely.

If they keep Johnny G, it would be because they signed Zobrist and plan to move him around. That would limit Giavotella's exposure. He didn't have great numbers he was basically average. And clutch at times.