• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

48 minutes ago, mmc said:

I suppose I can understand not choosing this as your hill to die on, though are you really not worried at all as a Christian about how the messaging around the world, and now even to children actively rejects everything about your religion and its values?

There is more than one type of Christian, and a diversity of "Christian values." How I interpret the mission and message of Jesus is different than how you interpret it.

I'm less concerned about my children growing up to be a specific type of Christian and more interested in them being loved, valued, and empowered to do whatever is meaningful to them, and to have a compassionate, open-minded view of the world and the people around then.

Hopefully they won't be part-time trolls on AngelsWin like I've turned out to be.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

1 minute ago, mmc said:

Cool.  So what do you actually stand on, or are you yourself just as confused?

Well, I'm more concerned about my kids being involved in a terrorist attack at school, or Walmart. 

I believe this is far more likely than...can you even say what gay people are doing to you? Seems you're the one who is confused.

27 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Well, I'm more concerned about my kids being involved in a terrorist attack at school, or Walmart. 

I believe this is far more likely than...can you even say what gay people are doing to you? Seems you're the one who is confused.

My issue is not with gay people, it's with the concept and now promotion of "pride".  I said in a previous post, I am fully aware I sin just as every other person on this planet does.  The thing that makes me and should make every other person who holds these values uncomfortable is that no other sin is celebrated or promoted as something to take pride in the way homosexuality is now.  And it's gotten beyond even that point to where the gay people having pride events isn't enough, it's expected that everyone else supports and takes part as we see with the uproar around the Dodgers incident and several other similar ones in the NHL this season.  It's disturbing and I don't want my kids to have to grow up in a world where men are encouraged to share the bathroom with my daughters or my children's elementary school to hold pride events, nor do I want them to see it promoted in their entertainment the way it is on children's tv channels now (Nick/Cartoon Network/Disney all doing it).

48 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

If you’re concerned about gun violence you need to live in area with very few black males 

35 minutes ago, mmc said:

My issue is not with gay people, it's with the concept and now promotion of "pride".  I said in a previous post, I am fully aware I sin just as every other person on this planet does.  The thing that makes me and should make every other person who holds these values uncomfortable is that no other sin is celebrated or promoted as something to take pride in the way homosexuality is now.  And it's gotten beyond even that point to where the gay people having pride events isn't enough, it's expected that everyone else supports and takes part as we see with the uproar around the Dodgers incident and several other similar ones in the NHL this season.  It's disturbing and I don't want my kids to have to grow up in a world where men are encouraged to share the bathroom with my daughters or my children's elementary school to hold pride events, nor do I want them to see it promoted in their entertainment the way it is on children's tv channels now (Nick/Cartoon Network/Disney all doing it).

You’re worrying about problems that don’t exist my guy.  Exit the dreamscape or nightmare scape.  Whatever it is that’s going on. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

45 minutes ago, mmc said:

The majority of U.S. citizens disagree with you that homosexuality, etc. is a sin. 

If you read statistics and ignore the pundits, trans individuals are like 1,000 times more likely to be assaulted or harassed than they are to commit assault or harassment. And that includes in bathrooms. The only "scary men" using women's restrooms are creepy pedophiles who are not trans.

You might not like the way gay people celebrate, and that's fine. Nobody is forcing you to attend a pride event or watch a drag show. Nobody is forcing you to attend a baseball game featuring a group you don't like or respect. Nobody is forcing you to show content to your kids that includes LGBTQ themes or depictions. 

You're not a victim, so stop acting like one.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Nobody is forcing you to attend a pride event or watch a drag show. Nobody is forcing you to attend a baseball game featuring a group you don't like or respect. Nobody is forcing you to show content to your kids that includes LGBTQ themes or depictions. 

When it's everywhere to the point it's unavoidable, yeah it pretty much is forced.  And I don't see how pointing out my concerns for the future makes me appear like a victim to you

35 minutes ago, mmc said:

With all due respect you never make serious posts, so I really don't care about your input on this

Lol, I’ve posted serious plenty on this forum over the years.  I don’t need to keep arguing in circles with you guys.  Truly, I don’t mind if you care about my input or not.  I guess it’s a bit like you seeing a pride commercial or whatever.  Too bad! you’re going to see what I say here.  There’s always the block button! Anyway, it remains true that you’re scared about imaginary things for your imaginary children.  It’s like a mental illness.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

47 minutes ago, mmc said:

When it's everywhere to the point it's unavoidable, yeah it pretty much is forced.  And I don't see how pointing out my concerns for the future makes me appear like a victim to you

You're acting like a victim by saying it's unavoidable, like you have no control over the information you consume and the way it affects you.

Every parent since the beginning of time has realized that there will always be stuff your kids see that you don't want them to see. Just going on a walk to the park, they could witness a car accident or somebody shouting and cussing at somebody else. You'll never be able to have full control over what your kids see.

That's why the key is communicating with your kids and teaching them the kinds of values you want to instill in them. Eventually, they're going to be out on their own and will need to learn for themselves how to judge and interpret the information they are confronted with.

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Now, randomly getting shot up at the store.  That is a thing that happens in the US today.  Also rare, but a substantially more real issue than a trans woman in a bathroom. 

Don’t discount the amount of lives being ruined by suicide, disease, and poverty that comes with sexual deviance. 

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

The majority of U.S. citizens disagree with you that homosexuality, etc. is a sin. 

If you read statistics and ignore the pundits, trans individuals are like 1,000 times more likely to be assaulted or harassed than they are to commit assault or harassment. And that includes in bathrooms. The only "scary men" using women's restrooms are creepy pedophiles who are not trans.

You might not like the way gay people celebrate, and that's fine. Nobody is forcing you to attend a pride event or watch a drag show. Nobody is forcing you to attend a baseball game featuring a group you don't like or respect. Nobody is forcing you to show content to your kids that includes LGBTQ themes or depictions. 

As a Christian who’s does God’s rule not trump  American opinion in your mind? I don’t give a damn if Trump , Biden , and 98% of Americans believe queers are right. The Judge disagrees and ultimately who I’m following. 
I’m sure you don’t promote straight sexual content to your kids. Why the hell do you want schools and society filling their heads with gay trash.  

You don’t know what the “judges” mind is.  You truly do not.  Jesus made no comment on the gays.  You’re always going on and on about being a Christian.  OK.  Concern yourself with Jesus.  Btw, djust based on Jesus commentary in the New Testament, do you think he’d want you being more worried about homosexuals or the out in the open misery of all of Americas homeless?  Go do Christian stuff if you care so much.  Go work at a soup kitchen, a food pantry, whatever.  Go do as Jesus commanded. 

1 hour ago, Kotchman said:

Don’t discount the amount of lives being ruined by suicide, disease, and poverty that comes with sexual deviance. 

Since when do you give a shit about any of that.  Just stop.  You don’t.  You’d like it very much if all these people you hate - which it turns out is most everyone in one way or another - just killed themselves.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Do you think an unelected government agency should be able to ban gas powered home appliances?

Of course not and I never said anything like that. To me it’s just naive to think that any member of congress does anything based on any principle other than the will of their donor list 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

You don’t know what the “judges” mind is.  You truly do not.  Jesus made no comment on the gays.  You’re always going on and on about being a Christian.  OK.  Concern yourself with Jesus.  Btw, djust based on Jesus commentary in the New Testament, do you think he’d want you being more worried about homosexuals or the out in the open misery of all of Americas homeless?  Go do Christian stuff if you care so much.  Go work at a soup kitchen, a food pantry, whatever.  Go do as Jesus commanded. 

Since when do you give a shit about any of that.  Just stop.  You don’t.  You’d like it very much if all these people you hate - which it turns out is most everyone in one way or another - just killed themselves.  

I care enough about these people to at least say it’s wrong. The New Testament does address queers. Jesus never said anything about tofu but he sure didn’t serve it at the last supper. 
It’s pretty shitty of libs to encourage this queer bs when everyone knows this is destructive behavior. If libs cared about these gays, they would speak truth. Libs are essentially handing drugs to an addict. The only surprise is the libs aren’t taxing this behavior