• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stoneman is a genius

I thought Sosh showed himself to pretty damn good vs. Buck Showalter.  Most think he's a "great" manager.

Nobody rational would dispute that he's had a very successful career, one of the best of his era....one of his strengths is his steadiness, which plays very well over a long season...sometimes your strengths can be a liability though and I think his steadiness can morph into a stubbornness that is counter productive at times....just my opinion but I think the good far outweighs the bad....

Nobody rational would dispute that he's had a very successful career, one of the best of his era....one of his strengths is his steadiness, which plays very well over a long season...sometimes your strengths can be a liability though and I think his steadiness can morph into a stubbornness that is counter productive at times....just my opinion but I think the good far outweighs the bad....

agreed wholeheartedly.  I just meant to say, that he managed the end game and Weaver very well and the team kept its chance to win the game.  He should get credit for all the times that happens (a lot)  The Scoscia hate is change just for the sake of it.  The great amount of evidence is that he does a real good job and that the Angels are fortunate to have him.  There are mistakes that have been made on his watch, but thats true of any baseball manager.  My main thing is, that there is no point in replacing a guy when there is no reason to realistically expect someone else will be better.  IMO Sosh's tenure with the team is an rare asset.  He knows the organization and its players well, likewise the organization knows him.  Familiarity should not be considered a bad thing.  Now, if it was a situation where he had lost club house and was the team was tuning him out then yes, its time for a change.  There is no evidence of that, in fact I think the only evidence apparent is how strongly he has the players/and clubhouse.

also, in regards to the moves at the deadline.  I think we did what we could without compromising the teams fragile development system.  We ARE better then we were with the Murphy/Victorino platoon, and I think we have a great chance to win the division.  For me, thats a good result for this season.  Maybe some magic happens in October if we get there....I hope so.... But I think realistically looking at the team, we have more issues then could be addressed at the deadline, even if we did trade Newcomb.  If thats the case, then whats the point in trading a potentially great future asset ?  The team went cold for a week and half, we've seen that with this core group for a while.  Its obvious we need more depth through out the line up, it needs to be taken care of in the offseason.  Fortunately this coming offseason seems to provide a good opportunity for the Angels to put a real dent in some of those problems we have around the diamond.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Yep, I agree. It's incredibly easy to nitpick every decision as either good or bad after it works or doesn't work. Also most of the reasons people have for hating Scioscia are things every manager does, like bunting or using relief pitchers the way he does.

Sosh doesn't like the big moves. He likes to fill the roster with Mathis types. It will be interesting to see what he does at the GM meetings this December.

Im sure he was pissed off when they signed Colon, Escobar, Vlad....   Bet he had a huge fit when they signed Pujols.  He would have been happier signing a bench player no doubt.

Im sure he was pissed off when they signed Colon, Escobar, Vlad.... Bet he had a huge fit when they signed Pujols. He would have been happier signing a bench player no doubt.

Good point. Not to mention he in all likelihood personally engineered the Napoli for Wells situation ( at the very least he insisted on adding Napoli into the mix as a "salary dump" ). That was a huge move. Possibly the most disastrous trade in franchise history even above the Dan Haren trade or the recent Grichuk trade.

Edited by ScottLux

Good point. Not to mention he in all likelihood personally engineered the Napoli for Wells situation ( at the very least he insisted on adding Napoli into the mix as a "salary dump" ). That was a huge move. Possibly the most disastrous trade in franchise history even above the Dan Haren trade or the recent Grichuk trade.

Don't forget the Lindbergh baby kidnapping...