• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aaron Hicks

ettin

As I suggested here: http://angelswinblog.blogspot.com/2015/06/2015-angels-trade-deadline-targets_11.html , Aaron Hicks would be a potentially nice pick up for lead-off.

In the last 15 games in the Majors (June 7th-July 12th) he has the following slash line: .304/.411/.543, with a 8.9% K% and a 16.1% BB% rate. Has 2 SB's (and 2 CS). All of this on a .300 BABIP.

Not sure if he's actually available but with Byron Buxton on the mend does he have a positional home with the Twins?

Since Cron has been on fire so his trade value has gone up. 

C.J. Cron, Nate Smith and Bedrock for Lind and Parra. 

Getting these two guys would significantly boost our offense. 

Aaron Hicks doesn't steal anymore and he's never been a big power guy. 

Since Cron has been on fire so his trade value has gone up.

C.J. Cron, Nate Smith and Bedrock for Lind and Parra.

Getting these two guys would significantly boost our offense.

Aaron Hicks doesn't steal anymore and he's never been a big power guy.

This goes totally against Dipoto's plan to trade the pitching depth for cost controlled young bats.

I know Mets have been linked to Upton and I doubt we even try but I do wonder what it'd cost to get him, he's gone ice cold since the beginning of June. I assume the Pads are going to try to dump another contract on whichever team takes Upton so that could be our advantage.

As for the not so "sexy" names I still like Parra and Revere. I like Revere because he gives us a base stealer. Runs become a premium in the post season and we're such a bag to bag team and depend on getting hits. It sure would be nice to have Revere get on base and swipe a bag or two much like Dyson did for KC last year.

Both Lind and Parra were terrible against LHP the past 3 seasons (sub .550 OPS), although Parra is at around .830 so far in 2015 while Lind is still down at .625. 

There is also the NL vs AL argument, plus Miller Park being a homer happy place, although Lind has solid road stats through 2014 but Parra not so much. 

Lind is a maybe, except vs LHP.

But Parra cries out free swinger in NL homer happy park.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Twins would definitely be interested in trading Hicks, but they aren't interested in just dumping him. Twins will want too much in return. Hicks has always shown flashes of his ability in between ginormous slumps. I wouldn't trade anything more than a mid-level prospect personally. He's a huge project still even though he has hit well the past week or so.

The Twins are currently in a wild-card spot. If they deal Hicks, they will want a bullpen arm (preferably a 7th or 8th inning guy) in return at the very least.

Both Lind and Parra were terrible against LHP the past 3 seasons (sub .550 OPS), although Parra is at around .830 so far in 2015 while Lind is still down at .625. 

There is also the NL vs AL argument, plus Miller Park being a homer happy place, although Lind has solid road stats through 2014 but Parra not so much. 

Lind is a maybe, except vs LHP.

But Parra cries out free swinger in NL homer happy park.

Parra has hit better away from home than in Milwaukee. He's also hit lefties well this year. 

In looking at their contracts further, it may not take a whole lot to acquire these guys. 

Parra is a FA at season end and Lind has an 8 million dollar option to either pick up or not for 2016. 

Maybe you keep Cron and platoon he and Lind at DH. 

It's not really messing with chemistry to add one position player, and a much needed one in LF.

Re Hicks, his OBP going back to April 2014 is approaching .340.

If he indeed is figuring it out BA wise just enough, he could be good for a .350 OBP yearly due to solid plate discipline, with solid defense and 25 to 30 SBs. 

That sounds like a solid leadoff guy to me, in the wings.    But again, Buxton is out for awhile which probably makes it a moot point.

They can always try to trade for Hicks in the off-season (still under club control through either 2018 or 2019), if not finding the right LF this season.

Edited by Angel Oracle

It's not really messing with chemistry to add one position player, and a much needed one in LF.

Re Hicks, his OBP going back to April 2014 is approaching .340.

If he indeed is figuring it out BA wise just enough, he could be good for a .350 OBP yearly due to solid plate discipline, with solid defense and 25 to 30 SBs. 

That sounds like a solid leadoff guy to me, in the wings.    But again, Buxton is out for awhile which probably makes it a moot point.

They can always try to trade for Hicks in the off-season (still under club control through either 2018 or 2019), if not finding the right LF this season.

And who gets subtracted.? Heaney? Newcombe? You ok with that?