• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Prelude to a Trade?

Brett Gardner seems to be on the trade block every year. He'd be expensive in terms of prospects though. Santiago or Heaney +?

Brett Gardner is the absolute best possible player the Angels could get to play LF. Unfortunately if he is made available, he's going to cost something like Newcomb, Tropeano, and Delgado. They might even want Heaney instead of Trop.

*Edit*

Let me re-adjust this as the Yanks are in first place. They would likely want Santiago, Heaney, and Delgado (or a similar prospect).

Edited by tdawg87

Reddick was pretty good against lefties up until last year. He has been atrocious against them since but I don't think he is quite in the realm of "needs to platoon" yet. Plus, Joyce sucks against both righties AND lefties, and he sucks on defense. So yeah.

Why? He's a MOTO bat. The Red Sox suck this year. I'm a fan of his bat and he'd vastly improve our offense.

He fills a huge hole at third base next season for us too.

If I have to watch another year of Freese or watch Kubitza hack away for a year I'll put my head through a wall

I know I'm the minority but I prefer Brandon Moss over Adam Lind, he may be cheaper and he seems to like hitting against Kansas City which we could use.

Just quickly glanced but I think he's 10 for 33 with 4 home runs against KC this season plus he hit 2 in the wild card game last year!

Edited by CanadianHalo

Isn't this his gripe in Oakland? That he doesn't play every day?

yep.

That said, i think hes more pissed that hes chasing a contract, and probably sees it as less playing time = less counting stats. If say he were to come here and they locked him up (not knowing what that would cost or who we have in the minors thats a better option) im sure hed be content.

Rumor is he wants to play here

yep.

That said, i think hes more pissed that hes chasing a contract, and probably sees it as less playing time = less counting stats. If say he were to come here and they locked him up (not knowing what that would cost or who we have in the minors thats a better option) im sure hed be content.

Rumor is he wants to play here

I haven't heard anything about him wanting to be here, but I know that was big with Dipoto. Guys that want to be here he seemed to approach more.

Isn't this his gripe in Oakland?   That he doesn't play every day?

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the saberworshippers.....I think his gripe is that the GM dictates the lineup and doesn't let the field manager manage on the field. Regardless of what anyone thinks I'd bet big money that there are a lot of players who would love to play for Sosh right now.